The Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2018 thread

• Anyone see any good deals this year?

I have my eyes set on the Universal Audio sales. Hoping they are going to run their three for $299 sale, but if they don't, I have been wanting to get their LA 1176 compressor bundle.

Izotope also has some good sales around Black Friday, you can get their products for a couple of hundred cheaper sometimes.

You can get Waves plugins from their website for as low as $29, plus 10% off from the store using a coupon code: YNY23

Plugin Boutique has also started their sales. Here are the deals: https://www.pluginboutique.com/deals/index

Plugin Boutique also has up to 40% off on Toontrack SDX and EZX packs.

• I sure hope iZotope will discount the Music Production Suite 1 -> Music Production Suite 2 upgrade. At $250 it's ridiculous!

I upgraded from the Music Production Bundle (much-cheaper package) to MPS1 for $169, so I'd have expected the MPS1->MPS2 upgrade to be cheaper than that. One can only hope that a decent effort is made through BF/CM to heavily discount the standard-upgrade price.

Skippy (Plugin Guru) offers fantastic discounts on his VI libraries during BF; you pay a premium the rest of the year with the odd minor exception. I highly recommend his libraries.

I also hope, perhaps naively, that Waves would heavily discount WUP renewals...

• Yeah, keeping everything working and up-to-date can sometimes require a PhD in troubleshooting, Michael.

If you leave everything alone, Waves plugins are notoriously-stable; it's part of the company's M.O. Updating to a new integer platform however, such as from 9 to 10, can be fraught with dangers.

I've figured out that the best way to do this is to reWUP and update everything at once. None of this "V9 playing alongdside V10" stuff. You might be fine doing that, but if you run into problems it can be a world of trouble.

I wonder if SSD5 will be available for cheap during BF, so soon after its release...

• No problem using both V9 and V10 in a mix for me at least.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• This is slightly OT but I don’t use waves any more. Maybe good but I updated from 9 to 10 then couldn’t run any of my v9 and don’t agree with their model of paying to keep them up to date. I’d rather go with Slate and pay much less for just as good products.

I hope for some Uad discounts too and looking forward to SSD5 although that’s not really about BF discounts.

• I sure hope iZotope will discount the Music Production Suite 1 -> Music Production Suite 2 upgrade. At $250 it's ridiculous!

I upgraded from the Music Production Bundle (much-cheaper package) to MPS1 for $169, so I'd have expected the MPS1->MPS2 upgrade to be cheaper than that. One can only hope that a decent effort is made through BF/CM to heavily discount the standard-upgrade price.

It'll probable be around $99 bro!

As you know, I bought MPS1 a few months back from Pluginboutique. I noticed it was even cheaper a month and a half later, (at least I thought it was) so I emailed Simon and he explained that I actually bought it for $100 cheaper than was on offer. Anyways, he mentioned that I should contact Izotope to see if my account was eligilble for a free upgrade to MPS2. So, I emailed Izotope and sure enough a few days later they got back to me with the good news. They will send the info for the free upgrade.

Moral of the story, if you've bought it recently, hit them up you may be eligible too! ;)

• Agree but that will probably never happen.:(

I've received WUP-discount offers via email from them before, GJ, so it might...

No problem using both V9 and V10 in a mix for me at least.

Yeah, you're one of the many lucky ones, mate. Unfortunately there are many unlucky folks too, Netheravon being an example who posted right after you. I followed the GS thread discussing the move from V9 to V10, and mate, I've rarely seen such a debacle. Waves had dudes running scripts, downloading massive offline installers and re-installing time and again.

Support itself spent many hours remotely installing and deleting files for customers and in many cases the problems weren't solved.

I forwarded requests to the company to simplify the upgrade process, suggesting that paying customers should be able to click a checkbox describing the sort of upgrades they want and that the website conduct the hard work of pulling it all together. Far too much reading and head scratching was required for my tastes, and many others too.

As I said, some were "lucky" (like you), and some were put off the company completely.

Moral of the story, if you've bought it recently, hit them up you may be eligible too! ;)

I don't think a year ago would be recent-enough, Shawn, but I like the sound of the $99 you mentioned!

nightlight From memory Didn't AJ get stuck with unnecessary tax last purchase of those?

Ash

If it's Waves you're talking about, Ash, we in Oz get 10% whacked onto the bill at checkout. This is the only company I've bought plugins from that's done this.

At any rate, we get charged that "unnecessary" tax too. Bummer.

• Track Assistant is pretty cool. It seems a little gimmicky, but for someone like me, who doesn't have a lot of experience, it's a really cool tool. It gets me to a starting place that is usually much better than I would get to on my own, and I can tweak from there. You can upload songs for it to analyse and try to EQ match, that's pretty fun to mess with. I really like all of Izotope's stuff, I know it's easy to ruin a mix with it, but it's a lot of fun to mess around with, and there is definitely some good stuff in there. Their limiter is fantastic.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• If it's Waves you're talking about, Ash, we in Oz get 10% whacked onto the bill at checkout. This is the only company I've bought plugins from that's done this.

At any rate, we get charged that "unnecessary" tax too. Bummer.

It's the same here in Europe with Plugin Alliance. European VAT and it is decided by national tax authorites and once you click on add to cart, that cheap plugin isn't that cheap anymore. X/

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• It's the same here in Europe with Plugin Alliance. European VAT and it is decided by national tax authorites and once you click on add to cart, that cheap plugin isn't that cheap anymore. X/

Too bad, GJ. I love Plugin Alliance!

Hopefully with your monthly vouchers and whatnot you'll still be able to justify some purchases. So many of their plugins are absolutely-top-notch.