Mainstream music you're enjoyin'

• So we have semi-similar active threads but what about new/old stuff, cool finds and everything else?

Check out Mark Knopfler's latest offering from his upcoming album "Down the Road Wherever"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

AIC's new album, "Rainier Fog"!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Or a snippet from Dream Theater's "Distance Over Time" new Album due to drop February 2019.

• Surely this is covered by Kulle's thread, "What kind of music are you listening to right now?", Shawno?

I mean, if you didn't enjoy it, you wouldn't be listening to it right now, right? It's implied of course that you wouldn't share something in his thread that you weren't enjoying and thus not listening to.

Just MHO that the "enjoying listening to" and virtuoso threads already cover everything and that further dissection risks causing clutter and confusion.

Sorry to sound like a wet blanket, man, but no matter how I try to justify this one, it always seems redundant to me. New? Old? Covered. Cool finds? If we like 'em, we listen to 'em. Covered.

• My intention wasn't to "clutter or cause confusion" but to have a thread for us to post material related to the topic. IIRC, there have been instances in both of the other threads where the posts were not "on topic"and it caused frustration and offense!

For instance, I wouldn't call AIC (virtuosos) or (music beside the road - No charts. No mainstream.) I wanna hear what people are listening to in the moment, something we haven't heard in a long time or something that's coming out you'd have never known about? At least it would be on topic, lol. Not tryin' to take anything away from the other threads, but if staying OT is expected then we should probably have a thread like this this, wouldn't you agree? ;)

• Technically, I do, Shawn!

Kulle didn't invite mainstream music, and whilst those posts haven't really dominated, they've been there for sure, so I think that for mainstream stuff, be it old or new, your thread would serve a valuable purpose.

IMHO, to help delineate the three threads and make it easy for folks to determine where their posts belong, it might be an idea to simply prepend the word "Mainstream" to the thread's title.

Whaddaya think, bud?

• Cheers, bro! Thanks for the input, always appreciated! 8);)

• They're very mainstream in Scotland, but not as much in most of the rest of the world unfortunately. Frightened Rabbit is one of my favorite bands, and this may be my favorite song by them...it's very hard to choose. A truly special talent that I really wish was still around. RIP Scott. :(

Same goes for these guys, just replace Scotland with Canada. And Ian is still alive and killing it, thank God. :D
    This live version takes a while to get started into the actual song, but there is plenty of Ian's masterclass playing to entertain until he starts singing.

External Content
    [/media}

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Shatner! Featuring: Henry Rollins, Iggy Pop, Brad Paisley, Billy Gibons, etc... etc... so wrong it's "Right" lol.8|

• This video should have its own thread, really :love:

External Content youtu.be

• The Raconteurs have a new album dropping in 2019, here's a few "new tunes" :thumbup:

• I apologize to everyone, but it is so lame and cool at the same time that I have to link. (I love the 80s, sorry. :P)

• Great to see Rick James. I can hear his production-and-arranging styles all over the toon. The harmonies and their style are straight out of a typical '80s Rick album. The toon was actually recorded at Rick's home studio back in the days when a home studio was a bit of a big deal.

Been an unashamed Rick James fan since the late '70s around age 11. 8o

He's a bass player for those who don't know, and is obviously most-famous for Super Freak, a hittoon he had way back in the day and that has been sampled and abused to the nth degree since.

I'll resist the temptation (see what I did there?) to flood the thread with Rick clips, so here's just one that features the sort of backup vocals I was talking about. Killer bass-line groove too. Enjoy!

External Content youtu.be

• External Content www.youtube.com

• Back to the 80s... I love this album.

• External Content www.youtube.com