"Ghost" wah - Wah turns on but no one's stepping

• So i also get this quite randomly, I even have a recording of it happening. Doesn;t seem to be related to excessive vibration so gonna try swapping a few things around.

The problem is its quite random, perhaps happens once every other gig.

• I put a switch to turn it on and off , like a real wah . plus I can play with it on . Best solution for me

That is exactly why I don't....a switch is never clear whether its on or off, no indicator, hence why I originally converted a crybaby to touch and now use the kemper in the same way.

Bad design of a crybaby...the touch works 99.9% of the time so this is way better than a switch for me.

• I've been using a Mission EP 1 without the toe switch as a dedicated Wah Pedal with Pedal Mode "Bypass@Stop" since years and I never experienced ghost wah under any software revision.

If you experience ghost wah:

- Either your pedal or cable are defective or mechanically loose and produce jitter, which the PROFILER interprets as intended small movements, so the wah gets activated. In the heel and toe positions the PROFILER is less sensitive to jitter. But again, I never experienced such an issue in any pedal position.

- Or an expression pedal got simply unplugged from the cable. An open cable connected to a PEDAL socket causes an oscillation of the assigned controller while the PROFILER is trying to sense the pot in the pedal. So this could behave like a moving pedal. If the function Wah Pedal is assigned to that socket with the open cable, it would behave like a moving Wah Pedal. The same applies, if the function Morph Pedal is assigned to the socket with the open cable and "MorphPedal to Wha" is active.

- Or if "MorphPedal to Wah" is active, even a button could trigger Morphing and consequently wah.

- Or you are using a different Pedal Mode e. g. "On" and activated the effect with the toe switch unintentionally.

- Or you are unintentionally Morphing one of the continuous parameters in the Wah effect.

Before concluding that everybody has got the same problem, please analyze your specific scenario.

• If you park the expression pedal at heel or toe you have such a threshold already. In those positions the PROFILER doesn't immediately respond to small deviations.

You could also mechanically adjust the pedal to make it a bit tighter.

On loud or swinging stages this won't succeed. I have three Mission-pedals and with each of them I got this ghost-wah-effect. At the moment it helps sometimes if you rest the pedal in complete heel-position after usage. A sensitivity Parameter in the wah-menu would help much more.

• Will do.

• Calibrate your pedals so that there is a dead zone slightly before the heel and before the toe. This will ensure that if you put the pedal at heel to stop, it will not activate without travelling quite a bit (assuming vibrations are causing this).

Of course, if it is happening without pedals connected, I'm not sure what the cause could be, other than a midi command being transmitted.

I have a Dunlop DVP1XL. Huge pedal, doesn't budge when it's set at a position.

I heard user ashtweth had to send in four (!) Mission pedals to the company for repair because all of them became loose at the heel. It could be some kind of manufacturing issue.

• Check if "MorphPEdal to Wah" is engaged. In this case the Rig Buttons of the Remote simulate a Morph Pedal move while the Wah Pedal is linked to it.

The other possibility is that you accidentally included one of the continuous wah parameters in your Morphing. Cehck if any of the wah parameters e. g. Manual shows an "M".

Hi Burkhard,

short feedback: this solved the problem. Since I always restored my Kemper(s) from the prior backup(s), this fault was persisting since my learning phase with the KPA. ;)