• Hi- Just discovered that (and I may be wrong here I'm just learning) that there's no LFO wah on the Kemper. Would be awesome if you could add a tempo-controlled LFO based wah.

8o

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• Yes- exactly that. Not a *touch* wah- but an auto wah- it'll sweep a range based on an LFO, which is locked to the tempo.

You can actually do this with Atomic, it's a very cool effect that I used on a few songs in our performance.

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• I haven't used my Boss GT-10 since I got my Kemper years ago, but I remember many of its parameters came with a standard list of modulation sources. Among them were the expression pedal and a velocity/envelope follower (for something like auto/touch wah), but also (if I remember correctly) a system-wide LFO. I've always thought that would be a cool addition to the Kemper.

There could be different shapes (sine, triangle, square, sawtooth) and time divisions of the global rig tempo. Stomps like tremolo or vibrato could tap into it, and the panorama parameter, as well as all the filter/wah effects of course.

The wah-based effects already have a kind of modulation source selector: Pedal Mode (expression pedal or touch). The LFO could be added to that list, with an associated depth parameter to attenuate its influence on the effect, and perhaps a phase parameter to shift it in relation to other effects simultaneously using the LFO.

And of course, especially with slower time divisions: LFO-controlled morphing! Imagine a rig slowly evolving through everything we know morphing is capable of... :love:

(You could give that last one a try using midi cc#11 from a DAW, just to get a feel for what's possible in bringing a rig to life.)

• Robrecht - I am planning on putting the CC onto the backing tracks - it would just be neat to not have to rock the pedal at gigs where I don't bring the backers.

Also - I think wah is CC#1... Morph is 11.

• Also - I think wah is CC#1... Morph is 11.

You're right, but I did mean morphing, I was already dreaming of a further use for a system-wide LFO. :)

But of course, you could do the same to program an auto wah! In fact, instead of using a simple sine/triangle shape, you could play the part while operating the expression pedal at home and record the midi output, then use that to automate the wah at gigs exactly the way you usually play it... :/