Any Maschine Mk2 users With the Kemper here ?

• Hi, I want to begin to learn my Maschine Mk2 for live use with the kemper.
    In first it will be some kind of deluxe playback player and step by step integrate it like a real instruments.

I want to prepare everything to just play live (guitar) with Maschine 2.
    I want to do something like this for auto sound changing: Still no tutorial... ;(;(;(:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I work with Logic Pro X so i prepare a midi track with logic for the changing, i just begin to learn how to do it but the sound changing is ok, modulation etc also ok.
    [Blocked Image: https://hostpic.xyz/files/1541673588982488074.png]

I exported this midi track and imported it into Maschine 2:
    [Blocked Image: https://hostpic.xyz/files/15416736301181812506.png]

Maschine Mk2 Midi Out to Kemper Midi in but absolutely nothing is send to the kemper.
    I also tried to choose my audio device in the output but same no midi information communicate to the Kemper:
    [Blocked Image: https://hostpic.xyz/files/1541673166858819029.png]

I hope what i'm trying to achieve is possible cause I really want to use a live set as light as possible (laptop, Mashine 2, Maschine Mk2, Kemper)
    I'm a total beginner with Maschine 2 so I'm sure if that's possible it must be a simple thing to do but didn't find yet in my research.

If someone can help, thx :thumbup::)

• b9788217979d0d8344db4da45919913948c2ac74 i think the OP is saying that he wants the backing track coming from Machine but the guitar coming from KPA as normal. however! He wants to use midi pc/cc to change rigs/perfomances on the KPa automatically while he is playing so that he doesn’t need to worry about stepping on pedals.

• b9788217979d0d8344db4da45919913948c2ac74 i think the OP is saying that he wants the backing track coming from Machine but the guitar coming from KPA as normal. however! He wants to use midi pc/cc to change rigs/perfomances on the KPa automatically while he is playing so that he doesn’t need to worry about stepping on pedals.

Exactly, I want to prepare some kind of advance playback In Maschine 2 with a midi track that send midi to change automatically my Kemper sounds even modulation, expression, morphing everything...

Did you make sure that the track (Maschine Group) that's carrying the MIDI is set to the right MIDI output port (see attached screenshot)?

An empty Maschine template defaults to "None", because it assumes that the MIDI is going to a virtual software instrument and not out of the MIDI port.

Thx god someone with Maschine, Logic, kemper you could help me i think ;)

So, my possible midi out looks different than yours here what i can choose:

[Blocked Image: https://hostpic.xyz/files/1541673166858819029.png]

Just have virtual output for Machine.

In my tests so far I just had some crazy midi stuff hapenning (my kemper changing led colors like a christmas tree) by selecting "Péripherique midi usb" for midi output and "Program Change" in Macro but then nothing anymore.

Sorry Pics show up when typing message but only link are visible when I post

[Blocked Image: https://hostpic.xyz/files/15417853621231611167.png]

I'm total newbie with Maschine 2 and I'm just begining to learn how to do my midi track on Logic that I would love to export and use in Maschine 2

I would use midi output from Maschine to Kemper to change everything automatically and just have Maschine 2 openend on an old Macbook with a little berhinger soundcard (with no midi in/out)

• We'll sort that out for you, be sure!

So... My screenshot shows the track-individual MIDI out settings not the global settings.

To go there, open the Maschine Software, go to the Group (in Maschine-speak: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H) where the track with the Kemper-MIDI is (in my screenshot it's "Group A1"). Select the Sound (aka Track) where the actual MIDI is located (in my screenshot, it's "Sound 1"). Then select the icon with the volume knob (in my screenshot, it's just left of "MASTER" and it's white). This opens the settings for that Sound. Then click on the "Output" icon and then click on the tab "MIDI" to the right of it. Now select "Maschine Mk2 Out" in the dropdown box to let the MIDI go out of that hardware-MIDI-port.

The purpose of this is to route the MIDI from this particular track out to the MIDI interface. For each and every track (aka "Sound") in Maschine, you can specify where the MIDI should go. The default is the internal virtual instrument on this track. You know, the company is called "Native Instruments", so it's understandable that their defaults are targeted towards the native software stuff. Therefore you have to explicitly tell it to spit the MIDI out the hardware MIDI interface.

And I am NOT talking about the global MIDI settings you have described earlier. These are necessary as well, but only half of the equation.

It's a not very straight-forward, so I totally understand that you might have problems following my description. So don't hesitate to ask.

• Thx for the answer and the good explaination but It's what i did, you can see here that i can choose Maschine Mk2 but only virtual output and "péripérique midi usb" that i assume is what i need to choose.

[Blocked Image: https://hostpic.xyz/files/15419623183230569817.png]

I'm not sure that the midi track exported from logic send the same midi information in Maschine 2 I tried to touch things here but nothing happened so far...

[Blocked Image: https://hostpic.xyz/files/15419626242772719279.png]

[Blocked Image: https://hostpic.xyz/files/1541962656994357193.png]

• Oh... Ok... I missed that you have already been on the output settings page of the Sound. Sorry for that.

Now I have tried to recreate your setup on my side. I can only recreate the absence of the Maschine hardware MIDI output port if I unplug the USB-cable to the Maschine controller from my Macbook. If the controller is disconnected, the Maschine software shows the virtual output only. As soon as I connect the controller (even with the Preferences page kept open), two additional ports - including the MIDI output port - show up.

Actually, first I had the controller connected but the port did not show up. The error has been that I the USB cable had been bad somehow and the controller got powered but did not do what it should do.

Controller disconnected:

Controller connected:

• Yes I didn't think to do that to be sure that I selected the good output and now I'm sure: In your case It's "Maschine Controller Mk2(...)" and it's for me: "Périphérique MIDI USB(...)" so thanks step by step maybe... :)

I'm really closer than before cause I had some result in the modulation (wha) that seems to be the only things that Maschine 2 kept when I import my MIDI file from logic pro. I had to put in "Macro" this: Output/Midi/Dest and choose "périherique..." as you can see in the this picture (BTW, which hosting pic you use to have your pics visible ?)

[Blocked Image: https://hostpic.xyz/files/15419684613486854090.png]

As you can see under "Velocity" there is only "Modulation Wheel" so i tried to add "Program Change" & "Bank select" and try to add and touch same things in the Macro section but I can't manage bank selection (What must be on this midi files cause it was in logic but don't see anything)

• I am simply using the "Attachments" button just below the text editing field. And after uploading the image, I choose "Full Image" to insert it into my post.

So what are you still missing? Is it the ability to switch programs on the KPA by using Program Change and Bank Select?

BTW, do you want to switch rigs in Browse or in Performance mode?

Edited once, last by RiF ().

• I now have successfully managed to change slots within performances or switch to another performances on the KPA by selecting different patterns on Maschine. Patterns can be arranged in Maschine, so you can "automate" the KPA from Maschine's arrangement.

My way to go here is to skip the Logic Pro X part and do it directly in Maschine.

As I am writing this I think I missed something about your problem, because in the end it's pretty easy:

• Add the modulator "Program Change" to the pattern. No Macro-assignments or any "special sauce".
    • Draw in a MIDI CC message right at the beginning of the pattern. You won't see the actual value in edit mode, but if you switch to select mode (the pencil-icon turns grey) you can see the actual value. The formula is #Performance x 5) - 5 + (#Slot - 1)
      Basically you start counting at 0 for Performance 1/Slot 1. To go to Performance 2/Slot 1, the value is 5, Performance 3 is 10 and so on.
    • With just Program Change (no Bank Select) messages you can address the first 25 Performances and each of their Slots.
    • Hit Play on Maschine and whatever pattern you have selected will select the Performance/Slot you've given in the Program Change CC.

The Program Change value "3" (see tooltip below) selects Performance 1, Slot 4:

And as a tip, I would separate program changes and controller sweeps (like automated Wah movements) into different Sound slots in Maschine.

• Thx very much to take that time :thumbup::thumbup::)

Ok so I can change program now, the problem was that it doesn't work cause There were already modulation and i add it after but i need to have only program change on "sound 1" to have something. I don't understand why especially you can add with the + more things on each sounds but in my case I need to put only one things to one sound.

Also I would do it in logic cause it looks more accurate and easy for me, especially for all modulation, wha/whammy etc stuff (is there a tool to make straight line or point by point like when you touch automation in logic ?)

Maybe i will be blocked cause i will need lot of sound slots for my changes and also some for my separate backing track.

• Great that it seems to work now. Why it only works with one modulation on a Sound, I don't know unfortunately.

I agree that drawing automation curves is far more comfortable in LPX than it is in Maschine. Maybe this article helps to find out how to create curves and such: https://ask.audio/articles/logic-automation-tips-tricks

If you are using different patterns within a Sound to create the different parts in Maschine, you will not be blocked. You have endless Groups which each contain 16 Sounds which each contain 16 Patterns (or even more, I don't recall). Here's what I would do:

• Let's say you want to have 4 program changes sent over the time of a song to the KPA. Use one Sound in Group A1 and create 4 Patterns in that sound. Each pattern holds the program change MIDI message.
    • Let's say furthermore that you want some Wah-automation in the 3rd part of your song. Use a second Group (B1) and again one Sound and create 1 Pattern holding the Wah-Automation to be sent to the KPA.
    • Then arrange the patterns in Maschine's Song-view to create the arrangement: