How to find Merged Profiles

• I'm really liking the sound of the merged profiles into a guitar cab but I'm not seeing a good way to find them in Rig Manager.

Seems like there should be a check box for Merged or Direct profiles especially since that's one of the main ways of profiling.

Out of 16k+ profiles, I'm finding just over 600 that have the word Direct or Merged in the comments or description.

I'm open to suggestions of stuff to try out or a better way to search.

These profiles go to 11!

• I'm not aware of any, GD, and on the face of it it seems you've gone about the search in the only obvious, logical way.

You could try adding the string, "DI" to that search list.

FWIW, I proposed a little while back that several new categories / sections be added to the info pane (tags):

Picture - Amp / combo, cabinet

Pickups - Configuration, make, model

Woods - Body, neck, fretboard

... and if I hadn't already, I'd now add:

Profile Type - Studio, Merged, DI

The tagging facility is there. The data consumes bugger-all room. I'm therefore all for additional categories and their associated fields.

• Me too, Alan. I've talked about it here in the past as well.

For this reason I separate all DI Rigs into dedicated folders. It takes a bit of extra work, but it beats having your head handed to you on a platter.

I actually requested RM's automatically instantiating a user-specified default cabinet as a preference. I also suggested we have a right-click drop-down menu into which we could place our favourite cabs for quick swap-outs, but none of this can happen IMHO until RM receives cab functionality...

• As far as I know, there is no way to identify whether a rig is studio or merged , unless the author has stated that in comments or at his offer.

DI profiles usually do not include a CAB.

• Me too, Alan. I've talked about it here in the past as well.

For this reason I separate all DI Rigs into dedicated folders. It takes a bit of extra work, but it beats having your head handed to you on a platter.

I actually requested RM's automatically instantiating a user-specified default cabinet as a preference. I also suggested we have a right-click drop-down menu into which we could place our favourite cabs for quick swap-outs, but none of this can happen IMHO until RM receives cab functionality...

That works great for rigs you have downloaded and want to keep but it doesn’t help when browsing wig exchange unfortunately.

• That's the point of implementing the "auto-cab" feature I requested long ago, Alan.

IOW, it'd auto-ad your chosen default cab, which you could swap via the suggested right-click-favourites selection, the second any Rig is activated.

EDIT:

This'd obviously only apply to cab-less Rigs; it'd leave everything else alone.

• This was a shame that merged profiles came without the possibility to identify them. The opportunity is missed now, because nobody is going through all the profiles and labelling them if it is an option in the future.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Well it wouldn’t be a big deal if I hadn’t found out that for me, the merged rigs sound SO much better into the variety of guitar cabs I already have. I’m not going to spend a bunch on FRFR cabs now too.

For as brilliant as the Kemper is, it’s things like this that leave me scratching my head. Why go to all the trouble to create the merged approach if I can’t find the profiles?

These profiles go to 11!

• Well it wouldn’t be a big deal if I hadn’t found out that for me, the merged rigs sound SO much better into the variety of guitar cabs I already have. I’m not going to spend a bunch on FRFR cabs now too.

For as brilliant as the Kemper is, it’s things like this that leave me scratching my head. Why go to all the trouble to create the merged approach if I can’t find the profiles?

At first I was all for merged when they came out and used a cab on stage while going direct to foh. In the end I gave up and got in ears, while using mostly studio profiles now.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• @Guavadude

I would put N/A in the search field, then in the pull down box, search in cabinet manufacturer.

I think that should pretty much limit it to only direct rigs, if it doesn't then sort on the N/A fields to get the direct rigs them together.

Then just select all the N/A rigs and type direct in the comments field and press enter.

Alternatively, you can put in the search field ' DI' (that's just three characters space followed by a D followed by an I), then in the 'search in' drop down list, choose 'name', then in the display results drop down list, choose 'ending with search string'.

Many profilers (topjimi for instance) put DI or M on the end of the names (like Masa Duo-Rec R 4M - be careful of the ones that just happen to end in 'm' (like Mars Askew 4 Tim), so you should be able to use the search as I've just described, and get merged or direct into the comments yourself. So with not too much work, you should be able to create a complete library with appropriate descriptions.

Sterling Musicman JP150, Fender USA Strat
    Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

• ... and if I hadn't already, I'd now add:

Profile Type - Studio, Merged, DI

The tagging facility is there. The data consumes bugger-all room. I'm therefore all for additional categories and their associated fields.

Agreed +1.

Searching Merged/DIs rigs through the RigExchange, would need a new Rig Manager version.

Major upgrades to Rig Manager may be time consuming for KP development team. But, just releasing a new tag like "RIG TYPE" or "PROFILE TYPE", could be easy to develop and very useful for all. Having that tag also on the Profiler could be a plus, just like having the "Favorites" filter.

Meanwhile a workaround at least for downloaded (local) rigs is using existing tags.

Rig Manager's "AMP LOCATION" or "CABINET LOCATION" tags/fields, do not have relevant information for me at all. Just, check it out. So, that could be used to manually categorize downloaded rigs as blank=Studio, Merged, DI, hence easy to find in your local library.

• Has this been finally resolved (after more than 2 years) or is it still not possible to filter out the non-merged rigs? I cannot find such an option in the current release of RigManager but hopefully I'm doing something wrong?