Vote on Kemper Amps’ next development steps

• Good thread. I ignored reverb/OD stomps/editor, as the community has been heard loud and clear there, and they are on the way at least.

Custom tone stacks, rig-stitching and more types of effects are all interesting to me.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Hey 397f7c95538961c9090da40b2b0b6e229b278069, thanks, I'll add bluetooth to the list. I won't add the first two though, because that's hardware and I thought it prudent we limit this just to the Profiler Version 1. :thumbup:

Hey- Bluetooth would also be hardware. May I suggest instead the ability to map program changes for performances?

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• Hey- Bluetooth would also be hardware. May I suggest instead the ability to map program changes for performances?

Hi, actually, given that you can already connect a keyboard to the zkemper, this would just entail code to allow a Bluetooth device (such as a Bluetooth keyboard, or maybe even a foot controller) interface with the Kemper.

When you say map programme changes, do you mean midi PC? That would be covered under the midi improvements suggestion, but I’ll mention this in the first post. Could you elaborate though? We can already transmit two PC numbers in performance mode.

• Hi, actually, given that you can already connect a keyboard to the zkemper, this would just entail code to allow a Bluetooth device (such as a Bluetooth keyboard, or maybe even a foot controller) interface with the Kemper.

When you say map programme changes, do you mean midi PC? That would be covered under the midi improvements suggestion, but I’ll mention this in the first post. Could you elaborate though? We can already transmit two PC numbers in performance mode.

re Bluetooth- ah ha. Gotcha.

re MIDI- Map PCs received, not transmitted.

Let's say - for argument sake- I had 60 songs in my set list. 60 Performances, in this case.

It would be amazing - for me - to be able to map each Performance to a specific midi PC. (Personally, I'd set it up as "Song 1, Slot 1 = PC 1, Song 2, Slot 1 = PC 2... Song 60, Slot 1 = 60). That way I could scroll through the set quickly. I'd still want to use CCs to switch between slots.

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• That sounds pretty cool, but bear with me: how exactly would that work? You'd still have to press a button multiple times or hold it down to get to the desired performance.

Also, do note, that within the performances structure, programme change numbers are already in use, whereby PC0-4 are for the first performance, 5-9 for the second and so on.

In that regard, using a bank command in conjunction with the performance number might be exactly what you are looking for and is already possible with the Kemper.

• Aha. I see what you're saying:

To be clear - I'm not using a midi pedal board, I'm using a midi track. And it's already programmed.

I was trying to keep the idea simplified above. In reality - iIt would have been very handy - for me, to be able to assign
    PC 1 for performance 1, slot 1, and PC 6 for performance 1 slot 2.

PC 2 for performance 2 slot 1, PC 7 for performance 2 slot 2.

PC 3 for performance 3 slot 1, PC 8 for performance 3 slot 2.

PC 4 for performance 4 slot 1, PC 9 for performance 4 slot 2.

PC 5 for performance 5 slot 1, PC 10 for performance 4 slot 2.

PC 11 for performance 6 slot 1, PC 16 for performance 6 slot 2.

PC 12 for performance 7 slot 1, PC 17 for performance 7 slot 2.

and so on.

I'm coming from a fully automated Atomic Amplifire 12 rig, and this would have let me get up and running without changing the automation.

Right now, as it is, I'm redoing all of the automation midi tracks to take better advantage of the Kemper, but I would have been set up and running with it already if I could map midi performances.

I suppose this will, in the end, be a moot point for me - by the time anything gets implemented I'll be fully indoctrinated into the "Kemper Way", but it would still be a handy feature.

None the less. Great list. :)

• Easily sorted out, man. From the midi manual.

CC47 [0,124] (Performance Mode only)
    Preselected performance index. Can be set directly or scrolled via CC48/CC49. The performance will be loaded when a slot selection is

being sent (CC50-54). If no slot is selected, the “preselection mode” is being disabled after a few seconds. If the “preselection mode” is
    disabled, the active performance number will be sent plus a Slot message (CC50-54) being sent (CC50-54). If no slot is selected, the “preselection mode” is being disabled after a few seconds. If the “preselection mode” is disabled, the active performance number will be sent plus a Slot

message (CC50-54).

So just send CC 47 with a value of 0 to 124 (over here 0 is performance 1, 1 is performance 2 and so on), followed by CC 50-54, with each number equivalent to one of the five slots in a performance.

Or did I misunderstand what you want to do?

• Yep. That's 100% the plan- I'm switching them all over to CCs from PCs. Lots of tracks to edit though.

• Voted 2,4,6..

Btw..I had a interesting discussion with a friend of mine who just bought a AF3 in the states..he told me that in general he uses his modeler the same way as he always did.Choosing the amp,tweaking it adding a few basic fx for live/FRFR and switch them off for recording to use his FX in the DAW..always missing "the good ol´days" when he was a kid playing his first chord over a marshall/4x12..

I am using the KPA the same way I did in the very first days..like my buddy in the states..all the same..I guess 90% of us do it the same;

Do I use the new delays extensiviley;No!

Purecab;Not at all.I even forget about it to be honest.

Will I use the new reverbs over the stuff I have in my DAW;No.I dont think so..

All the new upgrades since I got my KPA are very nice to have(thank you Kemper-team a lot!!) and sometimes I do some stuff with it but in general it is still all about having a fantastic tool with great sounds for daily studio & live-work.

Maybe new ODs/stomps would be something I would use regulary..for sure I would..

In general I hope @CK finishes his "plan" (new reverbs,better ODs/stomps,better rig manager/editor) and then tries something really "new" since he comes from the synth/keys-world.The electric guitar will not "develop" much but maybe we find ways to combine this sound with other sounds which would fit greatly to this screaming & loud type of thing.A developer from the guitar-side of things will obviously not "do it"...so I hope a synth/keys-guy will..like a drummer changed the world ie rockguitar-sound some decades ago..:/

• Voted:

4) Better OD/DS stomps. Assuming ckemper would include a Klone clone Stomp

If we do have a Pure Boost and Green Screamer, a PureClone is the next move isn't?

3) Editor. Assuming ckemper would upgrade the RigManager to be a KemperManager, or at least enable it to manage the library of cabs, fx, and all other user presets.

Please add

- The LOOPER remote improvement, mentioned in posts above.
    I guess many users would like to fully replace ditto/boss looper pedals, right?

- Improve the TRANSPOSE specially for playing clean chords, like Helix

-New tag categories to easily filter and identify MERGED and DI profiles, either in the KemperProfiler and the RigManager.

Edited once, last by Syntek ().