Remixing an album... Thoughts on new mix???

• I released an album on CD earlier this year, and while fans seemed to have no real issue with the mix, this is the first mix I have ever done that I absolutely hate in retrospect.

I spent too much time mixing, from morning to evening, sometimes with almost no pauses, and after a while I was like "SCREW THIS" and released it as it was. Big mistake!

Oh well, there's coming a VINYL version of this album, and I was just in time before the label send to pressing, so I spent just 2 days remixing this album and the result is IN MY OPINION much better. More full sounding! And vocals are more present.

I reamped all rhythm guitars with the Thumas "Peavey Rage profile" which I have by myself crowned as my signature Kemper profile :love:

Lead and solo guitars are still the same as before, and I have no idea what profiles I used, or if I used any ampsims... I honestly dont remember.

Before mix all lead guitars was bounced out on a stereo track complete with all spot delays and shit going on.

OH WELL

A/B/A/B/etc comparison starts at 0:44 after I've finished being a complete moron

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Couldn't hear it well enough on my CrapMac™ mono, zero-bass™ speaker, Ceddy, otherwise I would've offered some sort of judgement. Sorry man. I think the most-important thing is that you're happier with it now.

The tweeter is the HF driver in a speaker enclosure, the woofer being the LF one, of course.

• Yes, the new one sounds better, but don't ever forget: You are your own worst critic, and probably the only person that hated the original mix...just the way it is, everyone else was probably too busy rocking out to notice the stuff you do.

That said, nothing wrong with being a perfectionist, and I do think the new mix is an improvement. You talked about "giving up" on your first mix, as if that were a bad thing. Just remember...

"Art is never finished, only abandoned." - Leonardo da Vinci

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• It must have been magic...maybe it was the same magic I used to read this post about 8 hours ago, but not reply until now...pretty spooky. ^^

Or maybe I pulled an Ash and used Beer Power to watch it even after it was taken down...things are a little hazy on that one...maybe I watched it during the several hours that it was up, maybe I only beered that I did. <X

Maybe I never watched it at all, and maliciously used the opportunity to give some advice helpful for you, since my post was about perspective during the process, not about your mix, and was in response to your words in your post, not the video. ;)

Maybe I accidentally left the word "probably" out of the first sentence, since the video was no longer watchable, and didn't notice the omission since it wasn't relevant to the purpose of my post. :P

Mysteries, misteries. :):whistling::sleeping:

How did you watch the video if it was taken down? :o

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I'm very sorry for you Ced', I did not know frets to be so fragile, but yes it's really a pain in the ass to have a worn fret , make a beloved instrument unplayable.

Anyway, I had lots of fun with this vid , especially when you threw the CD and your acting was very funny, so were the voices.

I also must say that watching you working out inspired me a lot , and I began yelling in my mike too, I love these super high pitched screams.