Help I Wanna use a wha without a remote

• Later I will buy a remote but these days my account is too low. In the meantime I must use a wha wha , but I,d like to control the wha effect inside the Kemper . So I need a pedal to control the wha INSIDE THE KEMPER (I insist on that) SO what would the less expensive solution to control the wha effect of the kemper please

(while i wait to buy the remote in many months)

Thanks

• the remote won‘t give you a wha neither, you will still need expression pedals. you can use any expression pedal, I like the mission engineering ones. later when you have the remote you can plug it directly into the remote.

or you get a used fcb1010 for almost no money (includes 2 exp pedals) and sell it again when you can afford the remote..

• Yamaha FC7.

Pros: Cheaper (I think, haha, $40 new, less used), well-built, will last for a looong time. CKemper uses one. :D

Cons: Very wide sweep, fairly large pedal/footprint.

I'd like something with a smaller sweep for wah, but at the price, no complaining from me, works great.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I love the Yamaha FC7 as well. The wide sweep doesn't bother me, on the contrary. In practice, depending on how you set it up, it means either a fairly steep heel position or a toe position that is tilted forward, slightly beyond horizontal.

One thing to note about it is that the cable is hard-wired and only 1,5m long. Since you're planning to use it without the Remote, you may need an extension cable (female to male TRS) to reach your Kemper.

• I switch between a Dunlop cry baby as an external wah pedal and a Boss FV 500-H expression pedal. For this last one I use only one wah fx from the Kemper and that's Frank Eltze's version.

But I guess any good expression pedal with this wah fx will do the job...good luck!

• JUST CURIOUS as we talk about this subject...

Is there a way to prepare an automatic wha following the tempo ? you know what I mean, the tempo and the speed of the wha is all set up so when the guitar start to play (INTRO ALONE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SONG) it indicates the tempo to the band so we are sure to start at the right tempo like in a funk song (where the intro is a rythm guit with a wha)

Thanks again for your help

PS I just experimented the TOUCH function with pedal mode it seems to work. I will try now to see if it follows the tempo a kind of auto-wha I mean but at a precise tempo C ya

• Also I found that video which experiment with the Kemper thats interesting

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.