Internal output switching per patch

• I'm going to be touring my Kemper next year as a sole guitarist playing material from a two guitar album. I've come up with some ways of re-creating extra parts using chord voicings, Harmonizers for some parts and Looper to layer parts when they start at seperate times. I'm also planning on using the following:

- One side of the main stereo output to FOH

-Monitor out (no-cab) > TC Mimiq (alternate Performance) > Mooer Radar > FOH.

The idea is to simulate double-tracking with two different cabs, I know it won't be exactly the same but if it's good enough for Andy Sneap in Judas Priest, it's good enough for me. The thing I'm wondering is whether there's a way to turn off the double tracking effect for lead sounds? Almost like an internal switching matrix for the output, based on my patch selection. The soundguy can select in the FOH mix as he wishes, but I'd like to be able to control it in unit as it will also feed IEM's for me, and I'm getting the impression I may not enjoy double tracked leads so much . Anyboy got any ideas of other ways to configure that might achieve what I want? It'll be flying to other countries so also needs to be minimal on space

• A few things spring to mind as possibilitiesm

You could add a midi controlled A/B/Y switcher to the chain for maximum control but that’s maybe a bit excessive and possibly unnecessary.

Depending on how many stomps you need to run in any Rigs with the double tracking, you could simply run the mimiq and radar in Stomp A or B set to 100% parallel path and controll the level of the parallel signal with morphing. The only downside is that you not have the ability to send both signals to separate channels for FOH.

(Edit: I have just tested this and as I thought it isn’t possible to pan the main signal to the opposite output from the parallel path signal. It would be a really sweat feature request - and presumably fairly simple - to give parallel path its own panorama control independent of the main signal.)

Another option might be to unlink the FOH and Monitor volumes and assign Monitor volume to a Pedal. That way you could fade the double track effect to any level you like but Heel and Toe would function like a simple on/off switch.

Finally if you don’t have enough expression pedals or are already using morphing in the rig, what about a good old fashioned analog volume pedal after the monitor output?

• Thanks for the reply mate, some really interesting Ideas there. Shame about the panning internally as that would have been ideal. The expression pedal sounds like it would work as I want it to, although I wonder whether hitting a patch change and then over to the expression pedal at the same time as soloing might be a stretch for me. Some of this material is quite taxing, hence why I was aiming for a 'patch change only' approach

At this point, I'm wondering whether to dump the idea of the Radar and use the Mimq in an X slot, so I can have it turned on for a 'double-tracked' stereo rhythm with the same cab, and turn it off on lead patches for 'dual mono' operation (maybe with some nice stereo delays for ear candy). Going to have to weigh this up against having an analogue overdrive up front though, which was my original intention for the loop.

• Paul, I don’t think that achieves the result Andrew is aiming for. Surely you would still have the full signal chain going to both outputs? The panorama option pans both the main signal and the parallel path so you can’t send them to different outputs. Have I missed something obvious?

Andrew, i’ve just realised that the mimiq and Radar need to be after the Amp but before the cab whereas Parallel Path would split the signal BEFORE the amp.

I need to think through the sognal path in more detail to get my jead round this one but

I have a general rule that the simplest way is usually the best . ;)

• Thanks for all the responses guys, seems like whichever way I go the Mimiq is going to have to go in the loop in order for it to be switchable. I've yet to get hold of any of the extra gear yet so I think I'll grab the Mimiq first and see how it does in a Stereo effects loop, then make a call on whether the radar is a justified complication or not.