[SOLVED] Can't get a quality recording even while using Top Jimi profiles

• Leo, i sample suonano da dio...non mi lamenterei neanche pagato! :)

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Leo Ghigiarelli I have seen your settings and I think that you can improve dramatically the sound on your headphones thru the Focusrite if you go to page 5 in the Output section and DESELECT Space Headphone Only. You have a Space value of 4 that will be very obvious and you are missing it in your headphones when you plug them directly to the Focusrite now.

• Leo Ghigiarelli I have seen your settings and I think that you can improve dramatically the sound on your headphones thru the Focusrite if you go to page 5 in the Output section and DESELECT Space Headphone Only. You have a Space value of 4 that will be very obvious and you are missing it in your headphones when you plug them directly to the Focusrite now.

Maybe I misunderstand...but "space headphone only" will, if selected, put the "space" parameter in the phones only...so he is certainly getting "space" in his phones...not missing anything?

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Maybe I misunderstand...but "space headphone only" will, if selected, put the "space" parameter in the phones only...so he is certainly getting "space" in his phones...not missing anything?

He was complaining about how worse was the headphones output on the Focusrite compared to the one in the KPA, and he has Space only in the KPA headphones. So I guess that is one of the culprits.

Good point, and nice parameter-spotting IMHO, Atlantic!

I had this same problem, and I also use a Focusrite interface. Software on the Focusrite is a nightmare some times, but audio is good. In my case deselecting the "Space to headphones only" made the difference neglectable.

• Yes, but the interface's 'phones feed won't give him this, Bruce.

...duh...

:D

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Maybe I misunderstand...but "space headphone only" will, if selected, put the "space" parameter in the phones only...so he is certainly getting "space" in his phones...not missing anything?

This is for the headphone jack on the Kemper, no the Focusrite. I contacted the Kemper support and they said the headphone jack on the focusrite are inferior to the Kemper, thats why i notice this unconfortably difference in the tone.

• This is for the headphone jack on the Kemper, no the Focusrite. I contacted the Kemper support and they said the headphone jack on the focusrite are inferior to the Kemper, thats why i notice this unconfortably difference in the tone.

Leo, let me insist again. Please go to page 5 of output and disable the option Space-HeadphOnly. And then try the headphones connected to the Focusrite to see if it improved the tone.

If you already did that I apologize, but I feel that you didn't try it by your reply to Locrain.

• If that were the case the tone through monitors would also be bad which isn’t the case in all of the cases reported.

I have a Focurite Saffire and the recorded tones or playing tones through the monitors sound excellent. Also when comparing recordings made via the interface and do e with SPDIF there is zero noticeable difference. I kno that SPDIF is “technically” a “better” signal because it avoids another stage of conversion but the actual real world difference is so small most folk will never hear it. The difference in the headphone amps however is significant.

• Leo, let me insist again. Please go to page 5 of output and disable the option Space-HeadphOnly. And then try the headphones connected to the Focusrite to see if it improved the tone.

If you already did that I apologize, but I feel that you didn't try it by your reply to Locrain.

If you do that then your recording will have the space effect too, which I don't think is desirable.

• Wow, you are the second person in a week to post about much the headphone amp sucks on those things (not counting all those who joined in), that's crazy on such a small forum, haha. They must be bad...

Man the one on my scarlett is fine guess i got lucky :)

• If you do that then your recording will have the space effect too, which I don't think is desirable.

Of course. But I didn't tell him to record with it. Just test if that might be one of the reasons to the difference in sound using the same headphones. I know that difference because I have also a Focusrite interface and at the beginning I also thought that it was the interface headphone output, that it was simply bad. But it's not. In my case the biggest difference was to have Space turned on when headphones where connected to the Kemper and off when connected to the interface. An some times I just want to have the same sound from my Kemper while I play backing tracks in my PC or YouTube videos to play over them.

And yes, I know I can use the aux in to have all that in the Kemper headphones output. I just don't know what the OP situation is that he wants to use the interface headphones output. And he finds the sound different. And he has a Space parameter of 4.