High frequency static when playing with higher gain

• Hello expert kemper people!

I just got a kemper head, but I'm having trouble getting my guitar to sound well with mid to high gain settings. I made a quick recording here:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    . Would really appreciate to get some feedback on whether this sounds "normal" to people, or if there's a chance the unit is defective. The lower gain sound is fine (beginning of the clip), but in the higher gain parts, I hear a high frequency digital distortion sort of sound that is driving me nuts.

I have looked through other threads on this topic and have tried the following:

* bunch of different rigs, similar story (the recording above uses two different rigs -- AC top boost cactus, and one of the high gain EVH ones)

* different TRS cables

* listening through headphones plugged into the headphone jack in the front of the kemper sounds pretty similar to what you hear in my recording (which I did via a USB interface)

* messing with the volume on my guitar, different pickups (guitar is an Epiphone LP, which I've played through various amps without any problems in the past)

* turning off all the lights in the room

* kemper is plugged into the wall directly, not going through an extension cord

* tried messing with the pure cab setting and space setting

* tried listening with two different headphones (ATH-M50x and HD 280 Pro)

* input and output lights are green at all times

* tried plugging into the alternate input in the back -- even noisier

* tried adjusting the noise gate

* tried adjusting the distortion sens

The one thing that kinda sorta helped was to add an EQ in the effects section, but it still doesn't sound quite right. Unfortunately I don't have easy access to a second guitar to try it out.

Thanks in advance!

Edited once, last by bbabenko ().

• I think this is something user Cederick once called the "wind tunnel" effect.

Certain profiles have it and others don't, sadly.

• I'm having a very similar problem. I'm fairly certain it's power or earth grounding related, moving my kemper to another room clears the static significantly. My kemper is in the same outlet as my PC and 2 monitors. Any high gain profile causes what sounds like digital distortion/fuzz/static even though my dist and clean sense are at -12 and both my input and output lights are green. This is with headphones straight into the kemper headphone jack.