Maybe it's a guitar problem but my profiles never sound ''jazz''

• I usually use Bert Meulendijk Fender Showman (Fan Showgirl 62) included in his free sample pack. Disengage any kind of compressor. Roll the tone knob off a bit, apply some reverb and if the bottom strings get boomy, turn down the bass a bit.

• Hey Gforce, a fantastic free profile option is Mbritt's polytone. Pull out your Les Paul, put it on the neck pick up, roll down the gain until it's pretty clean/barely breaking up, and then if you don't have a treble bleed in your guitar roll down the volume knob instead of the tone knob. I got the volume knob trick from Jimmy Bruno when I studied with him back in the day.

Bingo - this is also my go-to jazz profile ... part of one of his profile packs (1 or 2?), but as per Meomy's post also available as a free profile.

Michael Britt's Polytone profiles nail that sound to the T (I had borrowed a real Minibrute from a friend to compare). I'm actually playing a single-coil guitar with it - rolling off the tone pot helps also (I have a treble-bleed cap, so Meomy's vol pot suggestion won't work there).

Cheers,

Wolf

• I'm using Michael Britt's 62 deluxe for my jazz solos with my '51 gibson with flatwounds.

The new spring reverb is really amazing for that 60's type Wes/Grant Green feel. If you want to boost your solos, remember to put the booster in the effects chain so you don't boost the amp and make it crank. If you are going more modern "Rosenwinkel, Kreisberg"-type then add a long delay, lot of feedback but the mix fairly low.

Thanks a lot that's interesting

• Bingo - this is also my go-to jazz profile ... part of one of his profile packs (1 or 2?), but as per Meomy's post also available as a free profile.

Michael Britt's Polytone profiles nail that sound to the T (I had borrowed a real Minibrute from a friend to compare). I'm actually playing a single-coil guitar with it - rolling off the tone pot helps also (I have a treble-bleed cap, so Meomy's vol pot suggestion won't work there).

Cheers,

Wolf

Thank you so much guys, but what is a treble bleed? Is it the annoying treble frequency sustained tone I heard sometimes out of my Telecaster? (when the compression is too high )

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    8)

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    8)

Oh thats not a problem for me . If I turn the volume down I usally want less ''presence'' so I am happy it cut some treble , that's exactly what I want. So treble bleed is not a problem for me . Its a quality You know we need to leave some space for other musicien too ;) in the frequency as much as in the music . I even stop to play for 8 or 16 bars sometimes .