Crazy bad sounds, please help urgent!

• My Kemper has started making this hideous noise, sounds a bit like white noise combined with very loud digital distortion. ill attach an mp3 file of it. This started happening a few weeks ago randomly and after a few minutes it would go away and the kemper would work. Now the noise is permanently there. With nothing plugged in except the power lead and a set of headphones. If I plug a guitar in it will combine the noise with the guitar signal but the noise is extremely loud and the kemper is unusable. This kemper is 4 months old and i purchased it new, non powered rack version. Ive restored to factory and also updated to new operating software. Any help much appreciated

thanksKemper noise.mp3.zip

• I have exactly the same problem with my Unpowered Kemper Rack. Bought it used a couple of months ago and until yesterday I was using it with no issue at all. It is a 2017 model.

Yesterday I opened my Kemper and I am getting the same noise as yours. I've tried different guitars, different audio interfaces, plugged directly into Kemper, nothing.

I've also tried different plugs and places in the house to make sure that the problem was not due to interference from another electric device.

And all of this exactly like you "with nothing plugged in except the power lead and a set of headphones".

I am going to open a support ticket (obviously) but I find it strange that we are experiencing the same issue at the same time.

P.S. @akashic777 I would be really interested to know if your matter is solved and how!

Edited 2 times, last by JohnDag ().

• Hi, John

that is very interesting that you have the same issue. The store I bought my kemper from has been amazing and helpful and given me a new replacement already, they are sending the broken one back to the importer to fix/check out. If I find out what the problem was I will let you know.

• have you try to make a full reset?

Original poster said he did a full reset, and even tried a newer (latest) OS.

This is a little concerning as someone considering using the Kemper as a live unit. Reading about quite a few ‘issues’ that would prevent successful use in a live performance environment lately...

I hope the OP follows up with what the issue/resolution was/is.

• Original poster said he did a full reset, and even tried a newer (latest) OS.

This is a little concerning as someone considering using the Kemper as a live unit. Reading about quite a few ‘issues’ that would prevent successful use in a live performance environment lately...

I hope the OP follows up with what the issue/resolution was/is.

I have had my Kemper replaced and the new unit is working well so far. When I can find out what the problem was with my old one ( assuming I can have access to that information) I will post back here.

• Had this exact problem 6 months ago, called support and reset the unit.

Been working fine until two weeks ago, tried to reset again but that didn't help this time.....

Any news on the cause of this problem? I bought my kpa used so I really hope I don't have to replace it!

• Just reporting back to say i'm sorry, I tried but could not get any information from my countries importer as to what caused that problem with my original Kemper. The store I bought it from hinted to me that it may have been an internal grounding issue with the Kemper. My replacement unit has not had any problems.