Parallel fx, more slots.

• I final got a chance to play with this in Quad delay. Obviously it can't do 8 delays in parallel at the moment but when the Reverb update comes out and you can put one delay in the Delay slot and another delay in the reverb slot and run both in parallel then you would have 8 parallel delay taps.

If you untick the "to tempo" soft key you can work in ms rather than bpm.

I tried to set up the delay times in the image you loaded as follows:

Quad delay 1

Delay 4: 110ms

Delay 3: 87.2% (95.92ms so not exactly 96ms but I can't hear 0.8 of a millisecond ;))

Delay 2: 36.4% (40.04ms)

Delay 1: 27% (29.7ms)

Quad Delay 2

Delay 4: 461ms

Delay 3: 77%

Delay 2: 86.8%

Delay 1: 65.1%

Pan as required with Panorama.

The one major difference I can see is that the feedback is tap independent on the Yamaha but is global on the Quad Delay. Having said that it shouldn't be the most important thing in a achieving the general idea of the effect. As far as I can gather the settings in the Yamaha example are their attempt to simulate Alan's sound rather than his actual settings so there is probably some room to tweak to taste.

If the ability to put two delays in parallel is used (when available) would that sound close enough for jazz?

• Good job! The only problem as I see it with this is that the delays will be in series. That could have some unintended effects.

• In what way? The delay times match and the Yamaha preset doesn't appear to be adding modulation so what's missing? I get it that at the moment you can only get 4 taps in parallel but that will change in the next OS update. What am I missing?

I haven't tried the Magic Stomp in the flesh and the only demos I can find on Youtube sound like shit so I must be missing something but just don't know what it is.

• In what way? The delay times match and the Yamaha preset doesn't appear to be adding modulation so what's missing? I get it that at the moment you can only get 4 taps in parallel but that will change in the next OS update. What am I missing?

I haven't tried the Magic Stomp in the flesh and the only demos I can find on Youtube sound like shit so I must be missing something but just don't know what it is.

Even with the new update, as of now there is no indication that we can insert FX in parallel unfortunately.

That said, the requirement of the particular setting that amclw1 wants don't seem to be achievable on most modern processors.

At the present juncture, you can only do it with two Kempers.

• AJ there Has been confirmation from Burkhard that the particulare parallel effect WILL be available in the next update. It is almost available at present.

You can run the Delay and Reverb slots in parallel at the moment using the Delay/Rev mix parameter. It has been confirmed that after the update you will be able to run any effect in the Reverb slot. Therefore, replace the reverb with a delay and you have two delays in parallel.

I totally agree there has been no announcement about parallel Fx being expanded boynd that though.

• AJ there Has been confirmation from Burkhard that the particulare parallel effect WILL be available in the next update. It is almost available at present.

You can run the Delay and Reverb slots in parallel at the moment using the Delay/Rev mix parameter. It has been confirmed that after the update you will be able to run any effect in the Reverb slot. Therefore, replace the reverb with a delay and you have two delays in parallel.

I totally agree there has been no announcement about parallel Fx being expanded boynd that though.

That might work, assuming we had a mix parameter like for the reverb. Otherwise the delays will be in series. FWIW, even at present, you can run delays in two stereo slots.

Perhaps some clever tweaking might give the illusion of 8 delay sounds. Synchronising the timing of the two quad delays could be worth a shot. Or maybe a quad delay into a dual delay.

• I’m pretty much 100% certain it has been confirmed that parallel series part is f the last two slots is beng preserved so the process I outlined should be a reality very shortly. Have no indication whether such a feature will be expanded beyond the final two slots. At this stage I would bet against it but you never know :)

As for the 8 delays sound. The OP explicitly doesn’t want them synchronised. The Holdsworth example is more of a pseudo reverb than a synchonised delay.

• I’m pretty much 100% certain it has been confirmed that parallel series part is f the last two slots is beng preserved so the process I outlined should be a reality very shortly. Have no indication whether such a feature will be expanded beyond the final two slots. At this stage I would bet against it but you never know :)

As for the 8 delays sound. The OP explicitly doesn’t want them synchronised. The Holdsworth example is more of a pseudo reverb than a synchonised delay.

How about a modulated quad delay, which is further morphed using an expression pedal between multiple times? Would that work?