Free Marshall 6100 (30th Anniv.) / V30, T75 / SM57, e906 / BAE 1073MP profiles for dirty rock

• THE GEAR

AMP:

I bought this Marshall 6100 30th Anniversary amp back in the early 1990's new, so it's about 25 years old. It's kind of the father of the JVM heads we have now. 3 channels (lead, crunch, clean) with different settings on each channel. Channels are switchable by MIDI. The crunch channel 2 has three different modes: A = JTM 45'ish, B = Super Lead / JCM800'ish, C = JCM900'ish and these profiles here are from that channel's modes B and C. My version is the 6100B with EL34's and black tolex, no Lead-Mod (aka -LM version).

The poweramp can operate in Pentode and Triode mode, where the Triode mode has half the power (50W) and sounds a bit warmer than the more modern sounding Pentode mode.

SOME LINKS:

https://marshall.com/live-for-…f-30th-anniversary-series

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…h_Anniversary_6100_series

CAB AND MIC:

The cabinet is a 1990's Mesa Rectifier Slant 4x12 where I have installed a Celestion G12-T75 besides the stock Vintage 30's (British). The mics were my trusty Shure SM57 and my new Sennheiser e906 which is pretty great btw. These went into a BAE 1073MP preamp. The amp gets power through a Furman power conditioner.

My profile chain is always all analog.

THE PROFILES

The profiles can be found on the Rig Exchange by searching for "RiF-30th".

My filename-coding is as follows:

RiF-30th Ch[channel-number][channel-mode]-[t for triode, p for pentode][brightness level][speaker][mic]

Example: "RiF-30th Ch2.B-t2 T75 906" = Channel 2, Mode B, Triode, Brightness level 2, T75 speaker, e906 microphone

I made sure that the filenames are short enough to see any relevant differences in the KPA's browser.

The brightness level goes from 1-3 , where 2 is what I consider "normal". 1 is darker and 3 is brighter. The difference in brightness is usually achieved by moving the microphone.

USAGE GUIDE

AMP SECTION:

• Too much bass? Turn down the BASS on the main screen slighty. Go down in 0.3 dB steps.
    • Too much highs? Try one of the other profiles with a lower number or turn down the TREBLE knob on the main screen. Try values < 1 dB.
    • The gain on the mode C profiles is pretty high and I left the original setting in the profile for authenticity, but I suggest to turn down the gain quite a bit.
    • On the other hand, the mode B profiles can benefit from some added gain. The gain-upping is very true to the original behaviour of the amp if you put a clean boost in front of it. This juicy gain structure when driven hard - especially in Triode mode - is very tasty, imho.

FX SECTION:

• The EQ in the FX section makes the tone somehow "mix ready". A 70Hz low- and 10KHz high-cut plus a little notch at 4KHz to get rid of some harsh highs. It's off by default.
    • The reverb is a small ambience which I think suits this kind of tone very well.

STOMP SECTION:

• Noise Gate, Green Screamer, Graphic EQ and Treble Booster (try this if you're playing a neck-position humbucker). All off by default.

THE SOUND SAMPLES

Here are some short clips. The guitars are louder than in a normal mix so you can hear them clearly. All guitar tracks have been recorded directly from the Kemper's STACK output with no FX applied. Even in Pro Tools they are kept bone dry, no EQ, no reverb, no nothing. WYHIWYG. There's a Waves SSL bus compressor and iZotope Ozone 8's Maximizer (only that module) as a brickwall limiter on the mix bus, that's it.

All clips have been recorded with a Gibson Les Paul Standard with a Duncan JB at the bridge position.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

THE PICTURES

Here are some picture of the gear and the settings / mic positions used for the profiles.

Marshall 6100:

Celestion Vintage 30:

Celestion G12-T75:

Shure SM57:

Sennheiser e906:

As always, I appreciate any feedback (positive or negative) from you guys!

Edited 7 times, last by RiF ().

• Thanks AloT 8):!:

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Thanks! I love this cool amp: I had it for years <3

Are they merged? I would like to try with a Marshall cab to listen less Mesa sounds ;)

If not merged, can you try with Marsh cab?

This amp was really modern 25 years ago!

Thanks again RiF!! :love:

• Thanks! I love this cool amp: I had it for years <3

Are they merged? I would like to try with a Marshall cab to listen less Mesa sounds ;)

If not merged, can you try with Marsh cab?

This amp was really modern 25 years ago!

Thanks again RiF!! :love:

They aren't merged, because my merged profiles did not sound exactly the same as my Studio profiles yet. I am planning to do DI-profiles for using your cab of choice, though.