please help me with Rig Manager! (copy/paste issue)

• Hello everyone,

I have serious problems with Rig Manager. I'm trying to set up several performances for a live situation.

I spent a lot of time setting up my basic performances, all 5 slots filled with very carefully selected and tweaked profiles. I decided to create a new performance for another song from an old one. I copied one of my basic performance, than I put a different profile in slot 5. So, while the Profiler was in Performance mode, from Rig Manager I went to the particular profile, selected "copy", went back to the specific performance, clicked on slot 5, hit "paste." Everything looked fine in Rig Manager. I hit save.

Going back, the entire performance have been changed to something different. The saved performance I was working on is gone. I cannot recover it no matter what.

Some weird stuff happens when building performances. Actually if I try to copy and paste something from Rig Manager, the entire performance changes. Also, there are a lot of mismatches between the Rig Manager and the KPA. The names of many slots do not fit to their Amp-description, nor to the sound it should produce.

What Can I do to safely build performances?

• I don't have a solid workflow either. What seems to work sometimes for me is: When you have built a new performance in RM, try going to an empty performance via the remote (BANK up/down). Then go back to the newly created performance (again using the remote) and check again. For some reason I also have more luck with RM on windows than macOS.

• I'm seeing some "Am I crazy" type things as well with rig manager. Things like re-ordering slots isn't working correctly, and it seems to want to go out of sync it seems. If I figure out if it's the software or the user (me) I'll post back here too.

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• Please open a ticket with reproduction steps. We need this fixed.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hey all,

i have similar problems and I am helping myself with having all my performances saved in a local folder within RM and taking a performance from the local folder into an empty slot. That works most of the time. To have the order from performances I select them in RM so you can see the headphone icon and then change its position via shortcut. This works all the time.

• Hey all,

i have similar problems and I am helping myself with having all my performances saved in a local folder within RM and taking a performance from the local folder into an empty slot. That works most of the time. To have the order from performances I select them in RM so you can see the headphone icon and then change its position via shortcut. This works all the time.

Can I just check I am understanding your process properly? I'm not on a computer with RM installed just now so I'm trying to imagine it from memory.

You are building performances in the RM All Performances folder?

This isn't syncing directly with the profiler? But you can still audition the sounds in the performance in RM?

Then, when you are happy with the performance you copy it/them to the Performances folder at the bottom in the My Profiler section?

Is this correct?

That sounds like exactly the process I used but I didn't have consistent results so maybe I am misinterpreting something.

Thanks

• RM still behave spooky while trying to build performances.

I'm in Windows 7.

Already updated to the latest firmware for Powerhead and RM.

Hope the problem gets solved soon !!

Sentiero

Edited once, last by Sentiero ().

• It will get solved even quicker if you can define Spooky a little bit more precisely :). Any reproduction steps?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• in my case, while my laptop is connected to the Power Head, RigManager open, I copy rigs from Rig Exchange and paste them into the slots of new created or even older performance. I religiously store the performances after every bit of a change.

Sometimes the droped rigs stay in there slots after storing, sometimes they jump during the process of storing into other slots, sometimes rigs get kicked out of my performance instead before droped and stored rigs jump into this same slot while storing.

I have the feeling, the described problems occur mostly when all five slots are full - for now, only a feeling.