Adding Expression pedal to control Volume.

• Hi, I am new and have a simple question. I need to add a Expression pedal to control VOLUME on all rigs. I have TRS lead and DUNLOP DVP3 Exp.

pedal. I plugged out of EXP output of pedal to IN 3 of the remote ( the default ) NO CNANGE. Can anyone let me know the process in DETAIL to make this work ??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Once I have this working I would like the VOLUME pedal in heel down position to automatically ENGAGE the TUNER. Instructions in detail if possible. Any help would be great. Thanks.

• Hey, I got a dunlop dvp4 just now and was confused too. you don't use the input/output on the top of the device, use the middle (AUX) input to connect the kemper. Then just set it up as a volume pedal in the pedal page (device type 1/volume pedal); so that's how I did it.

Also, I was confused the directions said I didn't need a TRS cable for volume. Well you do need a TRS unless you're going to hook this thing up with 2 cables etc. as some dedicated volume pedal or some such BS. I don't know.

But as soon as I used the TRS cable everything was fixed. I tried to adjust the pedal too, but found that if I adjust it to anything but default I have to recalibrate the pedal everytime I start up so stopped doing that. I just have the pedal to the fullest counter clockwise position (the shipping/default position) on the dial thingie under the cover of the pedal. Hope this helps sorry if I'm confusing. :)

• Not sure, which directions you are referring to!?

We are consistently recommending to use expression pedals (no volume pedals) to control a digital device like the PROFILER and this always requires a TRS cable. Your pedal offers both possibilities. Use it as an expression pedal.

We don't recommend using trim-potis within expression pedals to limit the range in the heel position of the pedal, but always maintaining the full range within the pedal. The PROFILER offers a parameter Volume Pedal Range, which offers more possibilities and can even be set and stored by Rig.

These subjects are covered in our documentation. Reading the manual and watching video tutorials avoids guessing and confusion.8o

• Thanks Burkhard. I was referring to the manual of the expression pedal and my confusion and comments are directed at that pedal and not so much setting up the kemper. Nice to hear from you though, I appreciate all the work you do here and your feedback about the volume pedal range I'll research.