FIZZ in The Rig Exchange?

• Why is it that some profiles in The Rig Exchange sound totally fizzy, all treble and completely useless? Is it that they're created the wrong way? What is it?

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• Carp, you know what, that's what it may be. After writing this I noticed on those profiles that the cab light was off. So I guess those are direct. Thank you!

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• Yes, if the Cabinet light is not on, it is either a:

1) Direct Amplifier Profile (the sound of the poweramp output of an amplifier, with no profiled cabinet).

2) Direct Preamp Profile (the sound of just a Preamp, or the Preamp Output if an amplifier, with no profiled cabinet).

3) Studio Profile saved with the Cabinet turned Off.

You can experiment with adding cabinets to any of the above. For that matter, you also can also change the cabinet on a Studio Profile :)

• Come to think of it... are there any good ways to sort through the Rig Exchange?

I mean, I guess I can just start clicking and trying them all, or "sort by" ratings or Gain or whatever, but a good "explore" mode would be cool. Or maybe keywords that the profiles are associated with... for example "John Mayer Tone from Slow Dancing in Burning Room" or something.

Just thinking out loud.

• Talent is very rare in music it is also in technics. As everyone can release everything they do, you will find a lot of signer that are not Sting on the web, all the bad signer are there releasing their stuff, everyone think they are great composer but they are not Paul McCartney and on the Kemper Rig exchange there is not a lot of Michael Britt . You get my point focus on the best you can find forget the rest. Same for singers same for musicien same for composer ... Youll find talent in that soup of crap, but it takes time

• I bought some very highly rated profiles and couldn't figure out why they sounded like crap--missed the DI prefix on the profile names. . .

Easily done! I switch from FRFR to using a cab and always hear this when I forget when I leave the cab sim off!

Have you plugged into your KPA, got no sound, played with all settings, panicked, only to realise you've plugged into the headphone socket ? I have...

• Easily done! I switch from FRFR to using a cab and always hear this when I forget when I leave the cab sim off!

Have you plugged into your KPA, got no sound, played with all settings, panicked, only to realise you've plugged into the headphone socket ? I have...

Yes, more than once. . .