Performance Mode - Change JUST amps and keep effects?

• This may seem like a silly question, but for my touring setlist, ocassionally I want to try different tones on a song, but everytime I do that in a preset, it changes all the stomps and effects as well.... this is a major bummer, maybe im doing it wrong.

Is there any easy way to take a performance or song you already have and try swapping in different amp/cab (Stack?) configurations without changing everything.

I have about 15 amps I like in my favourite folder that I usually pick from. Can anyone help me here?

Thanks!

• You can do it for the sections independently. Hold down the Stomps button until all four stomps appear, hit Store, select Save Stomp Section, edit name, hit Store. Then within performance mode, you can load them by I believe the same process (I'm getting fuzzy here, sorry if I don't have this exactly right), hold the stomps button until they pop up, turn the Type knob to load your stomps preset you saved earlier. Then store the performance.

Apologies if I bungled that, I'll take a look when I get home, and edit if needed. There may be other ways, this is just the way I found. Maybe someone will chime in who's actually in front of their KPA. :D

Edit: Or, get your effects/stomps set, then lock the blocks. That might work?

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• If you are want to be able to do it often, The easiest way to swap in Your favorite Amp/Cab combinations is to save each of those 15 amps as a Stack (amp/cab/EQ combination) Preset. To make each Preset from a Rig, press the Stack button, press Store, choose Store Stack. One you Stored them, you can Browse your Stack Presets to substitute them for a preexisting Stack in a Rig.

———

If you are not going to do it often:

1) Select a Rig that has a Stack you want to swap into another rig.

2) Select the Stack Button

3) Press the Copy Button

4) Select the Rig you want to Paste the Stack into

5) Press Paste

• There are multiple ways. A few have been described. However, most straight forward for your application would be what is called Selective Browse:

Bring the Stack Section into focus and then turn the BROWSE knob. By default "From Rigs" is selected. Now you will browse just through the Stack Sections included in the Rigs in your browse pool. Input Module, Stomps and Effects Section stay untouched while you browse. View and Sorting you have selected for your browse pool get applied. So you could for example browse through the stacks of your favorite Rig sorted by gain.

Selective Browse is available for Stack Section as well as Amp and Cab Modules.