Reamping

• I'm a couple of days into my powered toaster. After drooling over tones this weekend, tonight's adventure was getting reamping set up.

Wow.

Incredibly painless configuration. Did a quick DI track, pointed it back at the amp, brought up Rig Manager with auto preview on and pressed play on Cubase. Profiles load extremely fast, making auditioning tones almost effortless as I scroll up and down the list, sorted by gain to the appropriate region.

I know people have been doing reamping with VST plugins for ages, but I could never warm up to those tones. However, scrolling around in RM feels exactly like you're just scrolling through patches in a plugin, other than the sound coming out of the speakers.

I'm so used to the hassles of patching cables around, screwing with mic placement, tweaking amp knobs, running back and forth between the live room and the control room, etc. that this almost feels like cheating. Don't tell the real engineers what I"m up to. I wouldn't want to get excommunicated.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10