Vildhjarta - Dagger Guitar Cover (Kemper + SPDIF)

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My very first SPDIF recording with the Kemper! I'm so glad to be finally able to share something Kemper related.

The rig is a modified Deadlight Studios 5150 (can't remember which anymore, there are quite a few) with a Green Scream stomp and some additional EQ and Compression in FL Studio (Kempers own EQ needs a serious update)

I'm using Master Stereo SPDIF Output in Kemper > RME HDSPe AIO > FL Studio. When I record 2 takes with the guitar, it sound pretty shitty without any panning. So I'm panning each recording about 30% (give or take) left and right. I am dumbfounded by the fact that some people do quad tracking on guitars. Do you just pan 2 per side or what? I'm still a proper noob when it comes to recording so if anyone can provide some tips on improving, I'd be glad to hear them!

• Quad track ? When I do some, I often hard pan 2 takes while the 2 others are panned around 9 o'clock. Works better with slight different tones : 2 takes on JCM800 & two takes on CCV for instance.

And of course it's much better with natural tracking ( actual playing ) than just copying a single take, I always play my parts twice , it's an habit I took a while ago, and I do it even on clean parts now.

Sometimes I have two takes with a delay on them and two takes without, makes a huge tone and great ambience , wall of sound.

what was that pick , looks like it's made from an old french coin ???

• Do you apply the same practice for solo's?

No I don't , my lead profiles cut the mix enough and I almost always use a boost/EQ/band pass/dist real pedal in front of my KPA . I think my leads have a lack of basses but I don't care, their purpose is to shine & sing opposed to fat chuncky rhythms.

I also much prefer adding other phrases , harmonized or not and lots of ebow fills , or some of my pads ( free on rig ex) .