Kemper + Thomann Case = HEAVY

• So I am very happy with my Kemper <--- Bottom line lol.

And this post isn't a complaint, I want to protect my investment more than I care about the weight of carrying it around.

There are many reasons why I switched to Kemper, one of which is to avoid lugging my 50 lb Vox AC15 around.

However, the Thomman hard case + Kemper + remote is extremely heavy too, I think someone did the math and it was like maybe 5-10 lb lighter?

Anyways, this obviously isn't a complaint, more like an opening of dialogue of how you guys handle this.

• I use the thomann 'just kemper - no remote' case...and it passes as carry-on for airlines.

I purposefully chose a midi controller that would fit in my guitar cases for that reason! :)

I love all in ones, but I'm actually happier checking guitars than Kemps!

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• I'm using the Thomann head case as well.

Heavy is relative. ;)

I was actually curious about the total weight since my original post didn't include it, so I weighed it out.

Case + Head + Remote + EP1 pedal (forgot I had this in the case) + minor cords/earphone/misc = about 40 lbs. Considering the Vox AC15 is just about 48 lbs, I guess I save 8lbs but still, my goodness. Lugging 40 lbs up/down stairs every time I play is very fun hhahaha.

Once again, not a complaint. But definitely something I had not considered.

• My entry and exit to practice and some gigs is:

Kemper and remote in the Kemper bag (right hand)

One guitar in gig bag (on my back)

Another guitar in gig bag (left hand)

All this includes mics, cables, spare strings, three beer and two water bottles, a tablet for lyrics, headstock tuner, 2 pair drum sticks, and some other various and sundry crap.

I don't want to weigh it.:D

• dmatthews that’s my get in/out now too. The toaster + remote + EP1 + cables all in the Kemper bag over one shoulder or in hand is a fair old weight but my old rig was:

2 guitars in hard cases

Mesa Dual Rectifier Head in flight case

2 x Mesa 112 Thiele EVM12L cabs in flight cases

A flight cased pedal board with RJM switcher etc

A bag with all cables and spares

Ever thought the speakers cases were on wheels it was still several trips and if there were stairs involved it was a nightmare.

When I did bass gigs it was 2 basses, an Ashdow 50pw head and an Ampeg 8-8 Classic cab. Going up and down stairs with that was “fun” X/

I’ll take the weight of the Kemper and remote anyday.

• I used to use a marshall 9200 power amp in a metal flight case for about 10 years...believe me....that put everything into perspective!

Kemper means I can get to the stage with everything I need in one trip without poo-ing my pants from the strain.

And thats why I switch off when I see 'kemper vs.....' because I have saved an absolute fortune in underwear.

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.