SOLVED: Effects loop not working when alternative input used as Guitar input

• Hi. Please feel free to redirect me to the correct thread if there’s any.

I just got myself a toaster version after almost A year ago of having sold my kemper rack and remote. Anyways, Im back because I love the cleans from kemper and ambient sounds.

So. Please help me figure this out Please ?

Im running my Kemper into Fractal Ax8 loop. Im using the alternative input on the back of the toaster to get the send signal from my other device. Kemper main out goes in stereo into Other device’s return.

My problem is and I dont know why the effects loop on the kemper doesnt work ? Im trying and i have connected an Eventide Space Reverb to the Kemper’s effect loop as in :

Kemper send ( direct out set to main mono ) to space reverb input set to line level input on the device.

Space mono out set to line level into kemper’s return. But I get no sound.

Eventide gets signal from kemper as i see it on the Eventide’s editor input output levels meteR

I have selected mono effect loop in kemper and it doesn’t matter if this is positioned on slot X or Mod , I get no sound coming from The return.

Anyone please ? Is this due to Alternative input being used as Main input ( on input setting i have selected Alternative input as “ the input” since im receiving my guitar signal from Ax8 )

Is the alternative input a separate input on its own ? Or is it part of the kemper’s effects loop return and is not letting me use the kemper’s return by itself ? Because when I look on the back of the Kemper, Effects return and Alternative Input are Physically next to each other but not under the “same tab”.

Thanks so much. Any help is so much appreciated.

Happy to be back at Kemper.

Love ma’ tonejunkie profiles ?❤️??:)

Edited 2 times, last by javcab08 ().

• Are you using current software? We are at 5.5.2 Release.

I tested ALTERNATIVE IN as Input Source and Loop Mono in Module X and it can coexist and works.

Or is there a conflict with the Aux In function? Make sure you crank down the three Aux In Mix controls.

I tested ALTERNATIVE IN as Input Source and Loop Mono in Module X and it can coexist and works.

Or is there a conflict with the Aux In function? Make sure you crank down the three Aux In Mix controls.

hi thanks so much for your feedback

Im running last firmware last time i checked i saw Spring reverb firmware from july this year.

Not sure i think it is 5.6 something

Aux levels are all 3 down to zero.

Thanks for trying this in your rig and your feedbck. I will verify and look into it

Thanks

Hi. So I checked and my kemper has Spring Reverb Preview : 5.6.2.13481B os version.

So I guess I will back track to 5.5.2 release since the one on my profiler seems to be a Beta release.

Thanks

Edited once, last by javcab08 ().

• 5.6.2 = 5.5.2 + Spring Reverb

That is not the reason.

I know, its weird, but somehow Its working now ?

mmm.... so all I ended up doing was Changing from TRS cables to regular instrument cables and "that" fixed it somehow ...

So I guess having Trs cables doesnt work.

Eventide Space Reverb on the Kemper's Loop with instrument cables ( x2 ) works.

Thanks so Much Burkhard for your attention and time. Thanks a lot.

• I cannot imagine that a TRS cable caused that issue except if it's broken. If you connect TS sockets via a TRS cable, the tip and sleeve contacts do the job and the ring contacts stays idle. That makes no practical difference. You had confirmed, that your Eventide received an input signal. So either the Eventide didn't produce an output signal or your TRS cable into the RETURN input was broken. The PROFILER RETURN is even a balanced input. So it can handle both balanced (TRS) and unbalanced (TS) wiring.

Check it out. Replace the TS cable from the Eventide into the PROFILER RETURN against a working TRS cable.

• I cannot imagine that a TRS cable caused that issue except if it's broken. If you connect TS sockets via a TRS cable, the tip and sleeve contacts do the job and the ring contacts stays idle. That makes no practical difference. You had confirmed, that your Eventide received an input signal. So either the Eventide didn't produce an output signal or your TRS cable into the RETURN input was broken. The PROFILER RETURN is even a balanced input. So it can handle both balanced (TRS) and unbalanced (TS) wiring.

Check it out. Replace the TS cable from the Eventide into the PROFILER RETURN against a working TRS cable.

Hey Burkhard. Yeah I know im aware of the TRS cable making no practical difference.

Now I used TRS cable into the Kemper's Return and it worked. I thought it might've been that one preset on my Space Reverb Pedal,

I tried the preset with TRS Cables again and it works. So I honestly do not know what the problem was to start with.

If anyone please, moderators, or someone please feel free to delete or do as needed with this post.

Thanks again Burkhard for your time and feedback, I honestly dont know what happened.