Rack for Kemper

• I own a Kemper Rack Model (non powered) and on the Thomann website they suggest a 4HU, to leave space at bottom for cooling. Since my model lacks the power amp... do I really have to go for the extra space?

• Thank you...

The manual suggests (adequate ventilation for the power amp) but no such thing as specific direction to mount it in a 4HU rack.

I will reach out to the guys at Thomann and ask why they would make such a suggestion (they sell 3HU rack units btw)

• I think this is the official recommendation. ..adequate is difficult to quantify and will depend on outside temperatures as well I suspect. 3U will give limited air circulation so maybe not worth the risk.

I live in the UK which is generally cold so I think its unlikely to overheat but you should have no worries in a 4U anyway.

• Mine's in a 4U - I made a patch panel to fill the extra space with the usb ethernet, midi, main outs and monitor out. It's a full length case - so it also has rails on the back for the power u and my wireless.

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• I have been using this 3U Shallow Rack from Thomann for a few years now both in the studio and live. It's open backed but obviously, being 3U, there's no space above or below. Prior to getting this I had the Kemper in a much larger rack but again, no space.

In my home studio my Audio Interface and a Rack Tuner sit in a similar, 2U, rack and I just drop the Kemper on top. Live I've started using a Quiklok 2 tier amp stand with the Kemper (plus a TC VoiceLive) on the upper deck and an Alto TS210 as my 'backline'

• I used the powered version in a 3U rack for years, and had no problem (ok, no gigs with hours of maximum power... but gigs and rehearsal room, no home use). Switched to a 4U rack only to have space for some extra stuff.