Usability improvements and A/B functionality

• Hi,

I've had my Kemper for around 1 month now and I really like it. I have not deep dived into all settings yet but I have noticed a couple of thing that would be nice to be improved (usability wise).

• Exit settings. Yes, we do have the exit button but I hate to have to reach out to it to exit a function and then do something different. Is not that intuitive and inefficient. Can we not exit the menu we entered by doing the same action that got us into it too?. ie. Exit System by pressing System button again. Exit Slot settings by long pressing them again, etc.
    • Led Indication for Noise Gate and possibly other effects. It would be nice to see when the NG engages.
    • Input A/B functionality. I use two input sources for totally different signal chains. It would be so simply to be able to map the Quick button or On/Off or Long press Input to quickly toggle between alternate input and front input (if not hardware limited) or even the Return input and change Led color from white to blue as indication. A clever way of remapping a button from the Remote would be nice too. - At the moment I am achieving this with the Mono loop but needless to say it takes a slot and also is not affected by the input settings (NG, clean sense, etc..). Edit: Maybe including input source to the input preset and allow the quick toggle as above for two fav input presets.
    • Selective Mute. Long press Output button to toggle mute configurable Output sources without messing with Volumes. ie. all but Headphones, only main output, all but Direct, etc.

I think all of these are simple enough to implement and would be nice additions to help the usability of the unit.

• Hi Cags, I can see your points and would have the following comments.

Exit Settings - I personally find the Exit button more intuitive than pushing the same button again but that is purely personal preference. I would be happy with either option.

LED Noise gate - I think that would need hardware update to ad the physical LEDS

Input A/B - yes I agree the ability to switch inputs with a quick button would be great. At the moment you can save most of the information from the Input menu in an input preset but this doesn't include the input source. I we could just have the ability to save the input source as part of the preset it would open up all the possibilities I think you need (especially if you could apply presets at the Performance level rather than Global or Rig level). For example, you could save an Input preset for Guitar 1 and a different preset for Guitar 2 etc. Then simply create a performance with a range of rigs that you use for Guitar 1 and a second performance for Guitar 2. It could be a duplicate of the same performance except for the input preset setting (which would be applied to all rigs in that performance). Change guitar and simply bank up/down to the appropriate performance.

I would also like the ability to use both inputs simultaneously. I use a PRS P22 some of the time. This has both magnetic pickups and a Piezo for acoustic sounds. It would be great to be able to simply connect each signal path to a different input and send the mags through the full amp stack but send the piezo through a parallel path that bypasses the amp but has access to some FX. I currently can work around this using the FX loop and parallel path but it is a bit of a fudge.

Selective mute - can you not achieve this with output presets already? I have to confess I don't really use the output presets much but did experiment with them at first. The big drawback with the current output presets is the fact that you can't store volume levels which I think is a major flaw. However, it isn't an accident. Burkhard has said in previous posts that this was done deliberately to avoid people accidentally switching to an excessively loud preset and doing damage to the receiving device/speaker. I can see the point but still think the ability to save volumes as part of presets would be a better all round solution.

• Hey Dude,

Exit settings. Exactly as it then becomes personal preference, why not have both options? This is a niche request but I thought I'd try. I guess I would get used to it eventually but as a new users I still get confused. Maybe because I'm coming from the L6 stuff.

LED noise Gate. yes well my request is not limited only to NG but every effect where a led indication makes sense. a Slot with NG can do this and for the always on NG perhaps the input leds (different color) and/or button could be used for this.

Input A/B. Yes exactly, that what you mentioned is another option but definitely we need something in this aspect. Even for Parallel FX in your use case. Care to comment? Burkhard

Selective Mute. Due your comment this Selective mute could be a solution for a quick Mute. Use case example. You are in a gig and want to with one button push mute all except the headphones or monitor output so audience cannot hear but you can while you fine tweak something.

Or in the bedroom, toggling headphones ON and speakers OFF and viceversa. This is without messing with my volumes or unplugging things or shutting things off.

• Just sitting practicing just now and thought about your exit request. Tried it to see what a second push on an FX button does. Doh, should have know that as I do it all the time :S It just turns the slot on or off i.e. it toggles the state. So it isn't possible to add the ability to use a second push to exit. However, following your logic ; the way you enter edit is to press and hold a button therefore, it would make sense if press and holda second time also exited the edit menu. That shouldn't be difficult to add and wouldn't need to be an option as nothing would happen unless you press AND hold the button so there could be two default ways to exit edit. Seems like an easy one to implement with no downside.