Latest OS ("Spring Reverb") crashes system

• Hi everyone,

So, I just upgraded my Kemper an hour ago to the latest OS to check out the spring reverb they are talking about. (The release is actually nicknamed "Spring Reverb"). Now my system freezes every few minutes and no buttons work at all and there is zero sound or volume. It seems to be happening mostly when I use my midi volume/controller pedal to do swells or engage the strobe tuner function. My Kemper has been working flawlessly since I bought it a few years ago, but now it is not. It's quite frustrating since I have important sessions coming up where I need it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is anyone aware of issues in the beta version? Any advice is appreciated.

• I'm pretty sure you just download the old version you want to use from the Kemper Website download section and put it on a USB stick. Make sure there isn't any other version of the OS already on the stick. USB the normal update procedure and overwrite the Beta version. I haven't had a need to do it and I now use Rig Maager for automatic updates but from memory I think that's all there is to it.

• To install the previous Production OS version using a USB drive:

Go to: https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads

Download:

PROFILER Operating System 5.5.2 Release

Date: 2018-06-15, File size: 8.22 MB

Extract the files contained in the Zip file.

Copy the "kaos.bin" file into the root directory (highest hierarchical level) of your USB flash drive.

Make sure there is no other kaos.bin on that flash drive (if there is one in the folder named "OS Update", remove it)

With the KPA turned OFF, plug the flash drive into Profiler, then hold the two <PAGE> buttons and power on the KPA.

The KPA will "boot & burn" from the USB drive, and load OS 5.5.2