I am now officially headless

• Wait. That didn't come out right...

The JCM 900 and Vox AC15H just walked out the door, and that's the last of the batch of amps I put up for sale. I kept my Rocktron Voodu Value preamp because that was my gigging rig for quite some time and it seems prudent to have a backup, even if it doesn't sound like a Kemper. Otherwise, the only thing left from my previous environment is the 1960a 4x12 cabinet and a couple of Crate cabs with V30s.

One V30 + the Kemper will be my new gig rig, and hopefully whatever band I find will let me monitor IEM and run mains into the board, so the cab is just for the thump. Best of all, I can fit the amp, the speaker, a couple of guitars, a few cables, etc. in the car and still have room for the Passenger Side Blonde option I ordered along with the new Vette. I mean, you know, whenever GM gets around to shipping it.

I shed no tears as the amps went out the door, and I'm not going to miss them even a little. This is the holy grail rig I've foolishly tried to build over the years, one versatile setup to get all my tones, each just a MIDI PC away on a gig. The closest I ever came was the Voodu because it actually has a 12ax7 in the preamp. Not bad, but still nothing like this.

This living in the future thing certainly has its moments.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10