Can't import profiles created with Cab Maker

• I've got a lot of cabinet IRs in 44.1kHz 16bit wav format. I used Cab Maker to convert them to kipr profiles to use the cabinets with my direct profiles.

However, when I put them in the Shared folder on a USB stick and attempt to import them to the KPA, it says it imported when actually none were imported.

When I browse through my profiles they aren't there.

Rig Manager confirms there are the same number of profiles before and after I attempt to import them.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using the latest versions of Cab Maker and KPA firmware. I observed the 30 character limit.

• They're not Profiles; they're Cabs, that's why you're not seeing them as such and why RM can't see them.

They'll have been added to the Cab-preset list in your KPA, so choose any Rig and browse the Cabs from within the Rig.

Thanks for the help Monkey Man. Problem solved!!!

FWIW, I purchased the Kemper a couple of days ago, so I haven't had time to read the entire manual. I appreciate the direct response rather than "RTFM". I will study it in depth in time. I've also owned an AXE FX II for years and I find myself tweaking it more than playing through it. A friend suggested I look into the KPA and I'm very glad I did. After only 2 days I've created more usable tones than I created with the AXE FX in many weeks.

I think both are good units and I'm not here to endorse or knock either, but I will say that I like the tone of this forum a lot more, and I like the simplicity of "programming" the Kemper a lot more than the AXE. My plan (which seems to be working quite well) is to profile the 10 to 15 or so tones I use with the AXE FX, both complete studio profiles as well as direct amp profiles, then sell it and keep the Kemper. I think there's a place for both depending on what you want to do with it, but my use tends to favor the Kemper. Quite frankly I'm blown away by it. I expected to get close to the tones that I'm profiling but not the EXACT (to my ears anyway) matches I'm getting. I've already matched a Shiva, VOX AC30, and Boogie MKIIC+ leads and all 3 sound IDENTICAL to the AXE FX they were profiled from. I once read that the Kemper didn't work well with profiling modelers. I can attest that for me (a 2 day old newb) the KPA does an excellent job of profiling a modeler.

I digress though.

Thanks again for putting up with me until I have time to thoroughly read the manual and other posts on the forum. Your assistance is VERY MUCH appreciated. If it weren't for your answer I wouldn't be able to use the Redwirez cabs I own and converted using Cab Maker until I did a lot more reading. Too many times on the "other" forum newbies get told "RTFM" rather than someone taking a couple of minutes to write a useful reply.

• LOL Well, I actually felt bad at the time 'cause I'd have liked to have been less-succinct; I felt my tone was a little on the dry-and-not-forthcoming side. 8o I'm very-grateful that you appreciated the spartan reply, man.

I've not heard of the criticism that it doesn't work well with modellers. As per your experience, I've found it superb. As a bonus, it "removes" the latency one might otherwise have felt from a given plugin modeller or hardware unit. I found this with the POD HD500, for example.

As another bonus, one can tweak the Profiles into areas that the original modellers couldn't go.

• LOL Well, I actually felt bad at the time 'cause I'd have liked to have been less-succinct; I felt my tone was a little on the dry-and-not-forthcoming side. 8o I'm very-grateful that you appreciated the spartan reply, man.

I've not heard of the criticism that it doesn't work well with modellers. As per your experience, I've found it superb. As a bonus, it "removes" the latency one might otherwise have felt from a given plugin modeller or hardware unit. I found this with the POD HD500, for example.

As another bonus, one can tweak the Profiles into areas that the original modellers couldn't go.

Another bonus I've discovered is the lack of hiss and hum on the profiles that's present on the amp being profiled. That's my experience at least. I hope that's not my imagination from tired ears.

• I totally agree with your assessment. Although I have never played through an Ace FX I have heard them and know people who own them. They are undoubtedly fantastic units (as is the Helix) but the Kemper is just better suited to my personal needs and work flow. The lack of needing to deep dive into editing toget great results is the main advantage for me.

• i’m not trying to be disrespectful, but why would you want to import anything from cab maker? There are free profiles and paid of the BEST cabinets on earth. I want to learn some thing if I am missing something. Again no disrespect.

• i’m not trying to be disrespectful, but why would you want to import anything from cab maker? There are free profiles and paid of the BEST cabinets on earth. I want to learn some thing if I am missing something. Again no disrespect.

First of all THANKS to everyone for the warm welcome.

To address your question, I have a lot of Redwirez cabinets in wav format that I already purchased. Some of them are quite good IMO. I just want the ability to use them in the Kemper. Despite the ease with which I can get great tones with the KPA by using other peoples studio profiles, I also want to be able to put a cab I already own and like on any amp. By taking both direct and studio profiles of my AXE or a tube amp, I have the luxury of the flexibility to radically change the cabinet sound in the non-merged studio profiles I create or download, as well as being able to slap any one of the hundreds of Redwirez cabs on profiles I create or download. It's probably more flexibility and complexity than I need, but NOTHING compared to the complexity of editing patches on the unit I used to use. In time perhaps I'll discover I don't need them but for now I see no harm in using Cab Maker to batch convert some great cabs that I'm familiar with to use in the Kemper. I've already achieved some good results using the converted Redwirez cab IRs.

• This is a very good attitude and yes this Forum helped me a lot too . I never read RTFM in this Forum. This is really rude and I am happy to be in the Kemper family here.