Is there a way to disable effects?

• I know if you press the effects button it will turn them off or on. What I am talking about is, in the settings is there a way the effects can be turned off, so as I switch profiles... they are off? Sometimes I forget to turn them off when tracking. Thank you

• Thanks guys. I tried to do the lock thing, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I un-selected the effects and hit Lock, but when I change rigs it becomes active again. I'm sure it's user error so I will keep fumbling till I figure it out. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

• Try this. Tap the lit EFFECTS button once. It will become dim and all effects will be off. Hold the EFFECTS button down for a moment, it will switch to a screen with the message "all effects are off". Hit the LOCK button. Done. You can now scroll through Rigs and Effects will stay off. You can do the same with the STOMPS section.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• You're welcome!

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• There is a second possibility without lock: start from a Rig with no effects or all effects switched off. Then bring the Stack into focus. If you now turn the BROWSE knob, "From Rigs" is selected by default and you are browsing through the stacks included in the Rigs of your browse pool. The Stomps and the Effects Section don't change while you browse Stacks. This feature is named selective browse and does exist for Stack, Amp, and Cab.

• Burkhard as you know the browse knob and search capabilities are among the biggest and most frequent complaints about the KPA user experience ( that and the fact that all the knobs are so sensitive it is hard to hit an exact setting). As a result many people use Rig Manager to preview rigs. I have tried selective browse mode for stacks then changed rigs in RM but in this case all the effects change too. Is this a bug or does RM override selective browsing?

At the moment I need to use the lock effects option butwould love if the new updated OS (preset management) would allow us to browse only stacks using RM (or its successor if there is going to be one with the new update).

• Selective browse can only be used via the BROWSE knob and within the PROFILER Rig pool. If you double click on a Rig within Rig Manager it loads the complete Rig into preview mode. That's what most people would expect. If you want to freeze modules or sections while loading Rigs via Rig Manager you need to use locks.

I must admit I'm not aware of an issue and especially not a general one, that it is not possible to precisely navigate to a particular Rig in the Rig pool using the BROWSE knob!? Selective browse works and can effectively be used for the task this thread is about. The question was: in the settings is there a way the effects can be turned off, so as I switch profiles... they are off?

• Try this. Tap the lit EFFECTS button once. It will become dim and all effects will be off. Hold the EFFECTS button down for a moment, it will switch to a screen with the message "all effects are off". Hit the LOCK button. Done. You can now scroll through Rigs and Effects will stay off. You can do the same with the STOMPS section.

I'd say this is the perfect answer

• I'd say this is the perfect answer

Works great for me. :)