Gilmour B=P2 D=G2 - Updated w/ Clip

• I tweaked MillA's Hiwatt profile a bunch to come up with a Gilmour inspired rig. Hope you like it.

The idea is to keep stomps 1 and 3 on all of the time and switch between stomp 2 for a Cornish P2 fuzz tone to stomp 4 for a Cornish G2 type of tone. I used a Dice Work Fuzz Epic and a clone of a G2 to approximate the tones that I wanted to get. After much time tweaking just about every aspect of this rig, the G2 setting is very touch sensitive and clean tones can be easily had with my single coils when turning the volume down on my strat.

Gilmour tones or not, hopefully you'll enjoy this one as a nice versatile rig with lots of fuzzy goodness.
    Looking for some feedback please?

Side note I use a Timeline for delays so I didn't put much time into the delay I set up for it and it's probably defaulted to inactive when you load the rig.

Gilmour B=P2 D=G2
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/api…FahYZvbJ6aH2hp1xrSn?.kipr

There is also a strange quark with the Kemper that I noticed while creating this rig that you can read more about here: www.kemper-amps.com/forum/inde…page=Thread&threadID=4213

Clip of G2 setting
    Backing track of Castellorizon I found online.
    Signal Chain:
    LSL Saticoy -> Strymon OB.1 -> Kemper Gilmour Rig in G2 setting (stomps A, C and D) -> Strymon Timeline (in KPA loop)
    No mixing/mastering/etc. Just quick and dirty.
    Hope it doesn't suck too bad for the many pros on here...

http://soundcloud.com/patrickbrown-3/kemper-gilmour-rig

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

Edited 4 times, last by BuckeyeBrown ().

• Vintage style single coil pickups on a strat are what this profile are built for. Tried my hb loaded 335 and although the full volume fuzz tones were great, the volume down on the 335 doesn't clean up or sound anywhere near as good as it does on my strat. I'm biased but I love the vol down on the strat with stomps 1/3/4 on.

Let me know what you guys think?

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• Hi:
    Maybe you can help me. I downloaded your profile for the Gilmour Rig. I'm not able
    to get any output from this profile. I tried both headphones and monitors. There is no sound at all.
    I can see the input is working. I even downloaded another new profile which worked just fine. The
    problem I believe is in your profile. Is there something I need to adjust to get sound? I have not encounterd this problem before.
    As I'm a huge Gilmour fan I can't wait to hear it. Could you check your profile and let me know what I should do?
    Thank You so much,
    mets196986

• I will give it a try in a little while. I should just byepas where it shows a loop?
    Thank You,
    mets196986 :)

ddyykk_hello is correct - I didn't think to deactivate my loop before saving the profile to share with others. I have some modulation pedals on a pedalboard that I use in my loop and have locked the loop function on my rig. You should be able to just deactivate it and then do a "store" and "replace". When I get some time I delete if from the exchange and reload it without that active and then update this post with the new link.

I'm sort of surprised at how well the roll back of the volume knob works on the G2 setting with vintage/not-hot single coil pickup. The same magic isn't there for me with my 335 even with the input sensitivity all the way down on the Kemper but I'm guessing lowering the amp gain a little bit would do it. From what I've read about Gilmours G2 rig and what I've experienced with a clone of a G2, you need to have the signal pushed going into it to get that hint of wooly-ness to it. Gilmour uses a Demeter Compulator -> G2, I was using a Strmon OB1 in treble boost setting which is what I based this profile on - although the Kemper lets it clean up more like a fuzz face. So with that said even though I named it based on Gilmour it's probably (at least to my ears) just a great fuzz profile.

This is the first time I've really put time into building a profile to what I want and can see that the guitar variable plays a big part in getting the sound in my head to come out of the Kemper.

Hope someone else enjoys it too?

• Honestly, the very best emulation of Gilmour's core tone. Big like and good job! :) For me, Stomp B sounds something like the Dark Side era, and Stomp D sounds more like The Wall era. I'm still struggling to find a good setting on the flanger/chorus/rotary, though. I'm aiming to get something like an Electric Mistress (think about the tone in Young Lust, or Comfortably Numb's solo / Time's lead tone). Any suggestions?

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• Honestly, the very best emulation of Gilmour's core tone. Big like and good job! :) For me, Stomp B sounds something like the Dark Side era, and Stomp D sounds more like The Wall era. I'm still struggling to find a good setting on the flanger/chorus/rotary, though. I'm aiming to get something like an Electric Mistress (think about the tone in Young Lust, or Comfortably Numb's solo / Time's lead tone). Any suggestions?

I'll be deleting the rig from the exchange and reloading it without the loop on and I've also added on effect "X" (inactive by default) a Young Lust-ish phaser sound - not meant to be an exact match/didn't listed to the song and time it or anything like that, just tweaked until I got what I liked.

Up in a few and will edit the link above...

• I'll be deleting the rig from the exchange and reloading it without the loop on and I've also added on effect "X" (inactive by default) a Young Lust-ish phaser sound - not meant to be an exact match/didn't listed to the song and time it or anything like that, just tweaked until I got what I liked.

Up in a few and will edit the link above...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Electric Mistress was a flanger type of effect?

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• [/quote]Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Electric Mistress was a flanger type of effect?[/quote]

The second page of parameters on the Phaser 01 effect on the Kemper has some controls like feedback that you might often find on a flanger. I didn't use much of it but if you increase it you'll get more into flange territory. The "stages" is very interesting too. I found that if you increase it, it seems to add more phases going on at the same time which creates a little less direction of the phasing and creates more of a washed out/balanced sort of thing although if you play with some of the other controls you can add or subtract how clear the rate of the effect comes through vs more of a wash out. I probably could have gone a little more over the top with it but like that sort of thing more for lead and not so much when going back to playing rhythm... ymmv

• Is this profile still available? The link in the first post is not working and i connot find it on rig exchange.

Thanks

Sorry Firebird - I accidentally switched the setting to not be shared. I think if you search for "Gilmour" now it should show up. Let me know what you think. After more time with it I think the G2 setting benefits from a clean boost on your signal before it hits the Kemper. I got a little excited about how well it cleans up with the guitar vol that I started shading it more in the direction of versatility than G2 tone but a clean boost does it for me.

• Per request from Guitartone, I just did a quick and dirty clip over a backing track and linked it on the lead post of this thread.

Cut me some slack - I'm no pro.

• Per request from Guitartone, I just did a quick and dirty clip over a backing track and linked it on the lead post of this thread.

Cut me some slack - I'm no pro.

I'm not cutting you any slack. :cursing: ... :D

That sounded very sweet indeed, and your playing was perfect.

Well done, great stuff.