Looking for fuzz+amp profiles. Or Korn 1st album

• Hello. I tried 2 of the stock kemper profiles with fuzz.. i was not used to play with fuzz, i never had a real fuzz pedal. But it is very nice, so stoner..doomy. The only profiles i found were the TAF errrror 401 and one called germanium fuzz.

I heard thet the fuzz was not well profiled..maybe its not very realistic but i found these profiles useful.

I am also looking for a sound very difficult to recreate. The korn 1st and 2nd albums guitar sounds. Its like in between sound of a high-mid gain metal sound and a nasty fuzz. So it is nasty but with definition on palm mutes. Very similar to sepultura roots album. They both used the same hand made or modded pedal i think.

Any suggestion? Rig exchange or commercial..

• You should start straight away with your favorite normal hi gain or clean profile, and max the gain , you'll find all sorts of fuzzy tones. Try vintage amps also , it sure leads to a variety of results.

User Bommel has a huge thread about his extensive free collection of rigs with lots of fuzz pedal profiles, some of them are really good & usable , up to you to try 'em.

Regarding commercial , there are a few offers that I can recommend for stoner & doom : mattamp by TAF & OED 88 by Choptones

For less than the price of a pack of profiles, you can also buy these great Behringer Super Fuzz SF300 , they are really great for the price and you'll have lots of options , including huge basses at the push of a knob.

I also own one of these fantastic boutique pedals, & I must say it's constantly on in my signal chain. Check this link this one is so versatile , as boost, dist, fuzz, EQ ...

• I was just thinking this.

It'd be nice to find some fuzz pedal profile packs, like of a Blackout Effectors Musket or Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh.

Or even some classics like an EHX Big Muff and Proco Rat.

Kemper KPA / Mooer Baby Bomb / Marshall MX212AR

• I am pretty sure that Munky uses a Mesa Rectifier of some sort (Dual, Triple, Road King, ...). His guitar tone on the first album (and others) sounds very "standard" Recto'ish to me. I even doubt that there are many pedals (if any) involved.

So I'd start with a non-pedal Recto profile with the gain at about 5-7. It should not be too bright or fizzy for the Korn tone.

• I am pretty sure that Munky uses a Mesa Rectifier of some sort (Dual, Triple, Road King, ...). His guitar tone on the first album (and others) sounds very "standard" Recto'ish to me. I even doubt that there are many pedals (if any) involved.

Can you listen to "chi" song and tell me again it is a pure amp distortion??

After some web research the most consensuate answer is thet they were using jcm900 with a modded big muff for the core of the main sound, like sepultura, and similar to many ross robinson productions.

Some people witness them using H&K on the early days. Some people says they mixed the jcmb900 with a triple rec clean or dirt with a fuzz always. And many studio tricks probably.

It is not my tone. But i want to experiment and never could replicate it with an amp. For sure it has some fuzz but not a regular fuzz, it retains some of the definition and tightness, it squeals, it is not a regular recto sound at all.

• Sorry for the necrothread but neither the 1st nor the 2nd album sound “rectoish”.

Self-Titled and Life is peachy: H&K ATTAX + Marshall...

Follow the leader: Triple Rec + Line 6 Flextone II

In an interview Head said the since the mids 90s Orange amps have always been blended in the mix.

• I was just thinking this.

It'd be nice to find some fuzz pedal profile packs, like of a Blackout Effectors Musket or Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh.

Or even some classics like an EHX Big Muff and Proco Rat.

I'll record a profile of a Mesa head and cab through a turbo rat, a blackout effectors musket and a green Russian muff this weekend. It'll be under JACOBS and it'll be free dude.