Footswitch

• I have the remote and was reading about adding a supplemental single or dual footswitch. I have one of these laying around so I tried it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323219590918

It will turn the slot on but I have to push it twice to turn it off. Been looking up info to see what switches but cannot find any info. It would be nice to make this work as it has an LED for on/off. I also have a Beat Buddy with footswitch and that worked perfectly. It doesn't have an LED but it does turn on and off with a push.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• I've been checking that option out on Reverb as well. Looking at a 4 button, but would really like an LED that shows on/off just to match the Remote operation. More of a want than a need on the LED's.

• I’ve not seen any Indication that the KPA sends LED status signals to a connected footswitch

Right.

I'm saying so the supplemental footswitch LED lights up when in use like the remote does when the switch/slot is active. So if I use it for slot A and B it would show the light when those slots are active as the remote does when let's say my Delay is on. Lights just make me feel warm and fuzzy.....

Most of the aftermarket are non-led. My Eden switch I have, which is latching currently, does have LED so that is why I was contemplating just changing the switches so the LED on/off is maintained. I liked the fact that it lights up like the remote to also show it's active. Even though the screen on the remote indicates this it was a nice reminder.

Edited 2 times, last by bshaw92 ().

• Yes I had a mission SP1-RJM Exp pedal which is basically the EP1KP with an added LED. Unfortunately, the LED can't be used with the Kemper. Having said that it did light up briefly when touched but wouldn't stay on because it is a momentary switch. I can see how this works on an expression pedal as the EXP pedal acts as a voltage divider (there must be some voltage to divide). Don't know if the same is true of an On/On momentary switch. However, as all of the pedal inputs can be configured as EXP or switches it seems logical to assume that they could send voltage without any hardware upgrades. It might be worth bshaw92 asking for this in the feature request section.

• Having said that it did light up briefly when touched but wouldn't stay on because it is a momentary switch

This is the key. I thought that either would stay lit if you engaged it so it would only be a matter of how you save the profile. I know better now. That is why the latching switch I have stayed on......

No more feature requests from me for a while ..;)

• Even if you use an external foot switch with LEDs like the BOSS FS-6, its status is not synched with the PROFILER. The PROFILER toggles the status of the assigned function from on to off or from off to on depending on its current state, whenever the button is hit. If you activate/deactivate a module manually or move to another Rig where the module has another on/off status right from the beginning, the LED of the switch could get out of sync. At the end of the day this is just an electrical contact, which depending on its polarity is either temporarily closed or opened.

• Thanks Burkhard that makes perfect sense. When using the RJM Pedal with an RJM mastermind midi controller it ould be the mastermind that was controlling the LED status. As it would be the main control center and would get the status from the KPA via two way midi I (think) I can see how that would be a different set of circumstances.

• Yes, in deed, we have been working with RJM and a few other manufacturers of universal MIDI controllers. They are leveraging our proprietary bi-directional MIDI protocol, to receive and process status updates from the PROFILER. Normally, MIDI is just a one way street.

The Remote offers a high degree of integration with the PROFILER. The LEDs associated with the four Effect Buttons always reflect the current status of the assigned modules. External switches cannot provide that. Such switches just open or close an electrical contact momentarily. That's all!

So, you either have to check the status on the display of the REMOTE. The signal chain shows active modules in black and inactive modules in grey. In Performance Mode you need to select the Remote screen layout including the signal chain.