Can i use usb rack front panel to insert a profile from a friend?

• Hello guys.

I am new in this kemper odyssey:love:.

I am Loving it more than ever.

A friend of mine has a profile and i dont want to use rig manager. Can a plug into my front usb front panel a pendrive with his profile:?:

Kemper powered rack

Kemper midi controller.

Furman

Marshall jvm 410h

Tech 21 cabinets

Ibanez Universe 777bk

• Of course you can. You have to create a kemper compatible USB key first.

"You will need to use an empty USB stick to transfer the files from your Mac or PC to the profiler for the first time.

The USB stick should be pre-formatted with file system FAT32. When you connect the USB stick for the first time,
    the profiler will format it to ensure maximum reliability"

Then...

Copy the profiles to the directory called “Shared” on your USB memory stick. Next, plug the USB stick into the USB slot of your profiler and switch to Browser Mode. Then press the soft button “USB Stick”. You will be presented with an option to import the content.

• If you decompress a .kpabackup file you'll see the full gamut of folders and their names, SamBro'; I use that as a guide.

As an example, and this isn't the full deck, here're the folders in the Shared folder on the stick I use to create and transfer the wah presets:

Cabinet

Effects

EQ

Output

Pitch

Reverb

Rigs

Stack

Stomp

Stomps

Tonestack

Buggered if I know why the stomps are divided into those two folders, but that's how it is; it's not a typo.

• Yep, those three are in expanded .kpabackup files too, Sam.

The beauty of following this protocol, as I do, is that it minimises confusion. Converted IR's go into the Cabinets folder, Rigs into Rigs, the wahs into Stomp, and so on.

I imagine it must look pretty-messy when folks, for example, mix their Cabs and Rigs in the Shared folder, let alone if they add FX and / or Stomps as well.

• Hello guys.

I am new in this kemper odyssey:love:.

I am Loving it more than ever.

A friend of mine has a profile and i dont want to use rig manager. Can a plug into my front usb front panel a pendrive with his profile:?:

You dont want to use Rig Manager?

Can I ask you why?

As it makes things so easy for me