Monkey man told me to change my title for EDIT RIGS ... done!

• It's funny how my approach differs with many here on how to create profile. As many prone authenticity to profile a precise type of rig with the authentic cab and all that, I just pick any profile I got (I buy tons of it and download many on RE) then I eq, compress to my taste , use a particular guitar with it (decide which pick up is the best and which tone on the guitar) that change the sound a lot of course then i choose a Cab (i just roll until I like the sound, then add a bit of effects) and press save that's it. I don't care if its a fender or whatever amp , I don't even look at it , I just dial it til I like the tone and the sound and press save . I will write in the title which guit (ex : Les paul bridge pick up 5 - 5 (for the volume and tone button on the guitar ) I don't know if its authentic but it sounds good to my ear and that's all... But dont ask me which amp is it and which cab, I don't know and I don't care... What about you ????

• Great stuff man, and a couple of things that I'll remember in my own tweaking.

I spent some time last night going through the packs I bought and organizing the majority of the profiles into groups by amp manufacturer. Essentially, I created a top level folder called Amps, and beneath that broad brush strokes such as Fender, Marshall, Vox, etc. Then I went through the packs and copied profiles by manufacturer into the appropriate folders, also leaving the packs in their original location.

I subscribe to the same philosophy as you in that I don't really care about the specs of the sound once I find it. The audience will never know if it's a Bogner or 5150, and if I flashed in bright neon lights, they still wouldn't care. It either sounds good or it doesn't.

That said, I did the organization above primarily to help me find the right neighborhood when looking for a tone. I only created folders for manufacturers whose characteristics I'm familiar with, so collections that have cool but somewhat obscure amps still live in their original pack position. That will be my second level search if I don't find what want by manufacturer. So, since I have a general sense of what a Fender sounds like, if I'm looking for that kind of tone I now can start at the top of the Fender folder and then, like you, just scroll through until I find one that speaks to me.

I only have commercial packs from three profilers in addition to what ships from the factory, and I only grouped the purchased ones (the factory folder will also be part of the second level search, typically sorted by gain). It was a little work translating the please-don't-sue-me version of the names to the actual manufacturers, but in most cases it was pretty straightforward at a glance, and I certainly respect the need for discretion.

As I get more familiar and start selecting profiles for specific songs, I'll probably move on to another part of your suggestions, doing minor tweaks and saving off a copy including the guitar it was tweaked for, which makes a lot of sense to me. I already have another folder structure called Songs, with sub folders named for each song I'm working on and typically a handful of candidates for the most appropriate tone.

While there's never an end to the list of enhancement requests for software, I'm really enjoying Rig Manager and the functionality it offers for organizing and auditioning tones. And I appreciate the tips from folks like you who have been at it longer than me.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• As you say Chris ''It either sounds good or it doesn't.'' thats exactly my point and it depends on the guitar too so its a good idea to put it in the name (ex for jazz tones I need to roll off the tone on my guitar , so I will write it like 8-2 (volume 8 tone 2) If I dont write it down and let the tone at 10 or I use the wrong pick up or another guitar it will be day and night result

Yes to organise sounds with the title of the song or the set list of the show is a great idea

Thanks have a great day Chris

• I was misled by the title, GF. There I was thinking you'd found a new way to create Profiles. :D

Maybe you should change the thread's title to say "edit Rigs" instead of "create Profiles"?

Like you, I honestly couldn't give two hoots which particular amp a Profile is made from; how it sounds and whether or not it'll suit a song is all that matters in the end.

• and it depends on the guitar too so its a good idea to put it in the name (ex for jazz tones I need to roll off the tone on my guitar , so I will write it like 8-2 (volume 8 tone 2) If I dont write it down and let the tone at 10 or I use the wrong pick up or another guitar it will be day and night result

I've been playing primarily my PRS but just got my Strat and Tele back from my guy today. The Strat used to be one of the two war horses that pulled my chariot for gigs, along with a G&L Strat, and they were both wired for rock and roll with high gain Strat sized humbuckers in the bridge, etc. I could split the coils but it wasn't the same, so I kept the G&L wired for melting tubes and converted the Strat back to stock. The Tele came with Texas Specials that were so bright they were taking my head off, so G4 noiseless to tone them down. Now I have a real Strat again, and a Tele I can play without wincing.

With that preface, I've been sitting here shuffling between the three, currently plugged into a mid gain Bogner. And as one would expect, three very different creatures. While I left all things equal (that was the point of this little sleigh ride), the differences in gain on the pickups (wow, those G4 are really low output), tonal characteristics, etc. brought your comments to mind. For a gig rig I definitely see massaging profiles for whoever happens to be pulling the chariot.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Well, TBH, I do care about about what Amp & Cab I'm playing! That's why I buy the amps, cabs, speakers and profiles that I own! Different strokes, man! Glad you found "your way" ;)

My point is that this conversation stopped too early and it would be interesting to know how other members edit their rigs. If we can come back to the subject it would help Thanks

• Yes to organise sounds with the title of the song or the set list of the show is a great idea

I also work for years now this way. Sometimes with an abbreviation but I always see which song is on the screen. So in contrast to many I don't use a couple of amps or stomps within the profiler but every rig I try to set to the desired sound to the best I know (and true: that is often a struggle...)

• I also work for years now this way. Sometimes with an abbreviation but I always see which song is on the screen. So in contrast to many I don't use a couple of amps or stomps within the profiler but every rig I try to set to the desired sound to the best I know (and true: that is often a struggle...)

Well the band appreciate the fact that each song got a new tone (it's always a surprise to them , pleasant I hope)