Ability to move the AMP/EQ/CAB stack location in the signal path

• I searched and didn't find an existing REQUEST:

Ability to move the AMP/EQ/CAB stack location in the signal path, allowing more than 4 pre- or post- blocks.

Most of us agree that 8 blocks in a given rig are sufficient, but often run into the limitation of having only 4 pre-amp stomps, or only 4 post-amp FX. This feature request would allow us to specify the location of the AMP/EQ/CAB stack to allow for more/less stomps and more/less FX. e.g. you could have 6/A/2 or 5/A/3 or 1/A/7 arrangements. This feature would have minimal impact on CPU resources.

With the upcoming changes allowing the DELAY/REVERB blocks to run in parallel, perhaps this feature would need to be limited to the first 6 blocks only, with the last 2 blocks reserved for post-amp FX.

• Good idea.

Though I would phrase it as "Ability to specify whether stomps and effects are pre- or post stack". I almost didn't open the thread because I thought it was something else :)

I get what you're saying, except that you wouldn't move ONLY Stomp B post-amp. Stomp C and D would have to move too since it's linear signal path. IOW, you're moving the location of the AMP stack, not any individual block.

• +1 here too.

I have a concern 'though - the physical layout's causing confusion.

That said, the graphic chain below the soft-button display will reflect the "new", chosen layout, so we'll have to get used to referencing / checking it when auditioning new Rigs and so on.

I'm betting an updated display in a future Kemper model will take care of this by displaying the chain much as the L6 units have since the days of the POD X3, allowing you to select and move components via soft buttons.

• Honestly, in terms of the UI, it would be as simple as re-arranging the blocks on the main screen. So in the case of the image below, the "Voice Ace Thirty" block would just move left or right depending on the setting.

products_head-bl-front_1920.jpg?v5

On the remote they would add a small chevron under the block names to indicate position, or shrink all the blocks by 1 pixel and add an indicator between the blocks in the correct spot.

VERY little UI change would be needed.

• Good point!

• Could work like this:

In the Rig menu or when selecting the Amp block, a setting called "amp block position" with Five possible selections from left to right on the knob with the ability to lock the placement if you want to.

1: between B&C

2: between C&D

3: between D&X (normal)

4: between X&Mod

5: between Mod&Del

Perhaps an icon that shows on the home screen if the position has been moved from default?

Probably simpler to use the language that it's the amp block moving, rather than this or that effect block or blocks sliding over. While it might seem more flexible to allow the user to (for example) just move the C block after the amp but not the D block, there's no need since the user can place the effects he wants in any slot anyway, and allowing movement of multiple slots would vastly expand the complexity because individual controls for moving each block would be needed and would result in confusion of what the actual signal path is.

The only issue I see is if there is any stereo/mono issues as sometimes you'd be requiring the amp to block to be preceded by a stereo signal if you place the amp block after the X and mod slots. You'd essentially be asking the KPA to have a stereo profile in which two signals (L&R) would each be separately processed by two instances of the profile, so that they come out the other side still in stereo. Or, if moving the amp block before the C&D slots, the KPA would need enough processing power to handle 6 total stereo blocks instead of the current four.

A workaround for these possible limitations might just mean that the X and Mod slots become mono if the amp block is moved after them and/or perhaps the C&D slots stay mono if the amp block is moved before them?

• Honestly, in terms of the UI, it would be as simple as re-arranging the blocks on the main screen. So in the case of the image below, the "Voice Ace Thirty" block would just move left or right depending on the setting.

That's exactly what I said, Ben. So... agreed.