The guitar/bass lessons thread

• I just watched a video that increased my knowledge of the guitar and thought i’d share it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thought it would be great if we could have more videos like this one in a thread. Quite a few more from this Guthrie Govan Lick Library series, for example.

This is a link to the entire series.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Try and post good stuff, guys! :thumbup:

• Here is one I really enjoyed, as I don't really know music theory , I really appreciate this guy's teaching method , precise & effective.

• I like Troy Grady’s Cracking the Code series when it comes to picking.

• You want to be better at playing in time?

Check this, some of the exercises are mind boggling, but it goes from beginner to advanced, and by the end, you’ll be better than when you started out :

External Content youtu.be

• I learned economy picking (as an alternative to alternate picking) from this :

External Content youtu.be

• I have just as much learning material as rigs, so much good free stuff out there now we are lucky to be guitarist.

I have been studying 7 string voices ATM. Here is a good one for any one with a 7 string who wants to try some thing different.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Because he picks twice as hard on the angled demo?

Correct weight, Chris.

I mean, bad science would've been to pick 20 or 30% harder, but he went completely OTT and took it into comedy-routine territory. He literally compared some of the softest notes anyone plays with the loudest. If he'd tried to make it any more OTT we'd not have heard the soft ones.

I can't for the life of me figure out why he did this; there's zero basis for comparison, rendering the the exercise of demonstrating the difference in sound absolutely, completely-and-utterly useless. Not like the Guthrie I "know" to do this, which is why, as I implied, I can't get my head around it.

• Man who is this guy, he is pretty good. (check his channel for more)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I gave up trying to go through all Rick's videos years ago.

Life's too-short, and given the ridiculous number of clips he's made, it's a rabbit hole I eventually decided to avoid. I dare not even go to his YouTube channel lest I get sucked in again.

Be warned, Brother Ash. ;(

• I just watched a video that increased my knowledge of the guitar and thought i’d share it.

Wow, tried it and alone the picking sped my playing up.... Subscribed.

• Learning 8 finger sweep taps ATM. I cant tell you how many times the pick has flung out of my hand.

Ash

• Most may know this already, BUT this guy gives some of the best improvisational examples IMHO

Ash