Friedman ASC-10! FRFR Solution!

• Well after much research I've finally settled on a cab. When I bought my Kemper a couple months back I had an Alto Ts210 I was using with an Atomic A3. Kemper sounded okay through the Alto. I remembered reading a thread on a forum where a couple of people said if you spend on a Kemper don't go cheap on a cab. So I bought a Mission lo powered cab. Looked great, small and light. I was hoping this was the one. Sounded better than the Alto. The Alto has a dip in the mids. The Mission sounded pretty even across the frequencies, maybe lacking a bit in lows. I wasn't happy so I decided to try something else. I bought the Friedman ASC-10. This was THE one. Just a couple of chords and single notes convinced me. I boxed up the Mission and returned it. The Friedman is the real deal. There are not a lot of threads and reviews on it. Not much on YouTube. Suprising since this thing sounds fantastic. It reacts and sounds like a real cab. You can feel the air move. It's small and light, feels sturdy, well built. Sounds warm and everything I want in a cab. If you guys are looking for a powered cab you should REALLY check out the ASC10. Friedman really did a great job on this! I'm still working on setting up my Kemper to take it to my gigs and try the Friedman. Report to follow. All here in Kemperland check out this Friedman asc10! I think you won't be disappointed.

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• About a year ago I either missed seeing the ASM-10 or it wasn't out yet because I would have bought that model instead of my ASM-12.

The ASM-12 sounds incredible, but at 52 lbs it's way too heavy and no casters.
    I still have it, but switched to an Atomic CLR Neo Mk II for gigging. Easy load, can tilt it or get it off the floor with a stand.
    Excellent sound.

'19 Relish Eucalypt Mary | '17 PRS McCarty 594 | '15 PRS 408 | '96 PRS Custom 22 | '78 Les Paul Custom | '19 Silver Sky

Kemper Toaster | Rack | Remote

Friedman ASM-12 | Atomic CLR Neo Mk II Wedge | ValveTrain Powertrain Studio 20

• Yeah I've heard great reviews for the CLR. Zzounds had a demo ASC10 for under $800 so I couldn't pass it up. I'm very happy with it. Full sound, cab feel. Friedman really did a great job on this.

Rik

• Yup, the Friedman's are solid! the other guitarist in our band is using an AX8 with the CLR and he really liked it. So when I was tired of lugging the ASM-12 around, I went for the CLR. This way both guitars monitors are in a balanced tandem.

'19 Relish Eucalypt Mary | '17 PRS McCarty 594 | '15 PRS 408 | '96 PRS Custom 22 | '78 Les Paul Custom | '19 Silver Sky

Kemper Toaster | Rack | Remote

Friedman ASM-12 | Atomic CLR Neo Mk II Wedge | ValveTrain Powertrain Studio 20

• Hey, hate to bother you all, but I'm just wondering how you connect the kemper with the ASC-10? Do you use a standard XLR cable or a trs cable? I'm a complete noob at setting up speakers and stuff like that but I'm seriously considering getting the kemper along with this speaker. Thanks!

• Hey, hate to bother you all, but I'm just wondering how you connect the kemper with the ASC-10? Do you use a standard XLR cable or a trs cable? I'm a complete noob at setting up speakers and stuff like that but I'm seriously considering getting the kemper along with this speaker. Thanks!

Looks like you could easily go from Kemper monitor out to the ASC10 with a standard 1/4" guitar cable.

• TRS and XLR cables are interchangeable and either would be superior to a regular 1/4" guitar cable. That said, if the latter works for you and you aren't experiencing any noise problems, go for it.

No problem! Yeah, xlr out of left main Kemper into the in of the ASC.

Rik

• Dmatthews, main out XLR left from Kemper into the XLR in of the ASC. That's the best way that works for me.

Rik