What is your cleaning out process?

• I have owned the Kemper for a few weeks now and already have about 900 profiles. How do you guys recommend clearing out the unused/unwanted profiles? Do it from the Kemper? On Rig exchange? Do you have a process?

Zach

• Rig Manager's your friend, Zach.

I recommend, in your situation, creating a new folder and copying the KPA's contents to it.

Wipe the KPA's Rigs (delete in RM), and audition directly from that new folder. As you encounter Rigs you want to keep in the KPA, move them there (don't copy - move). When the folder's empty, you're done.

You may need to further refine the audition process by creating "Unsure", "Maybe" and whatnot folders.

• I've been keeping all my packs and RE downloads in the RM. Under Preview many Rigs fast, the manual says:

Move through the list using the Up/Down arrow keys on your keyboard. The Rig will instantly be sent to

the Profiler.

It's not clear to me from reading this if a preview profile is just stored in a temporary buffer or if this permanently pushes the profile to some entry the KPA, i.e. if I preview 100 rigs in this manner, have I just copied 100 rigs to the KPA? Or do they get cleared up when I preview the next one and / or shutdown the unit?

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• When using the up/down keys on a computer keyboard (or double clicking with the mouse), the rig is loaded into the Edit Buffer of the KPA. It is not stored in the KPA unless you choose to do it.

Cool. My assumption was that it was some kind of temporary buffer, but you know about assumptions... :)

Thanks!

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• First if i were you I'd make a copy of everything in my RIG MANAGER then organise it

(can't live without RIG MANAGER)

I classified everything by type of sounds

in my rig manager

Jazz

Rock solo

Ambiant

and so on with your personal needs

And also by project Ex: if I go a project for a show I will classified it by songs like the set list 1- 2-3-4-5

Then save it as the name of the show

I dont wanna go to a repetition and ask myself where is the sound for that song? Wait a minute guys.... no way ! I concentrate on playing only

• We use the "favorite" switch extensively.

So when I download a gazillion patches and import them local in RM as we find them enjoyable (most of what gives you an ear bleed because of gain) I mark them favorite. Then I sort by that and copy to the Kemper.

This process is greatly improved if you use the looper or a DAW in loop mode to play back the same incredible two-chord riff ^^

To clean up - again from RM - I would select the "On Kemper" profiles, sort by something and delete a bunch. It turns out that if you use the favorite function then deleting unwanted ones is not that big of an issue.

• To clean up - again from RM - I would select the "On Kemper" profiles, sort by something and delete a bunch. It turns out that if you use the favorite function then deleting unwanted ones is not that big of an issue.

This is why I classified everything in style of music ... so if I erase accidentally let's say... a jazz comping profile I look in the my bank where i got 250 jazz comping profile . usually I end up with a better one than the one I erased.