If you were to put a single stomp in your effects loop...

• Crap. Just when I thought I was done buying toys, I watch a video on Freqout.

Are you guys using it in momentary, or does it do a good enough job on auto to set it to fire and forget?

No need for momentary switching. With the right setting I could keep my device on. Though I like toswitch it off when I don’t want any feedback to kick in.

• Regarding the Freqout: Is there an advantage in placing it in the loop? I have mine before the KPA's input.

No advantage in placing it in the loop, except for remote switching and keeping the device back where my Profiler is.

I have placed my loop in the A slot, before the Wah.

• fuzz boutique pedal here for me , mine acts also as dist, clean & or dirt boost, EQ, shelf & gate . it's standing on my desk for recording ... so convenient for tweaking tones on the fly , with 7 buttons and a 4 way switch, I use it constantly .

I also love this analog chaos vs the all digital KPA, they match really well together. Tone shaping is really easy that way.

I just acquired a frequout too , to complement my ebow that also gets much usage on my tracks.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I was waiting for Ron Jeremy to make an appearance in that video :)

• Horizon Devices Precision Drive in the front, sometimes in a stomp loop but rarely. Waiting on the Apex preamp to come which might replace it or go next to it.

I have a digitech EX-7 in a stereo loop for the synth swell effect currently but could change soon to either back to the h9 or a pair of them lol

I've definitely thought about the L6 hx stomp and or the hx effects.

• Do you really feel its algorithms sound that much better?

There are certain algorithms that would be impossible or hard to emulate with the current kemper stomps and effects.

Sculpt

Pitchfuzz

Hot sawz

Resonator

The eq/comp is a multi band compressor I believe

However, i do feel the kemper delays are on par with the delays in the h9 and some far exceed them I feel.

Maybe some of the harmonizer effects might be better or at least about the same between the two.

• Crap. Just when I thought I was done buying toys, I watch a video on Freqout.

Are you guys using it in momentary, or does it do a good enough job on auto to set it to fire and forget?

It still reacts in a tricky and unpredictable way sometimes and led to some trainwrecks for me so I like to put it in "momentary: off" and click on it just once before a passage/section where I'll want it to kick in and then disengage immediately. I don't want to use the "hold" mode because I usually need that foot free for volume pedal/other things. I set it to 2nd or 3rd harmonic, the gain at 11 o'clock and the onset around 1.

• Electro Harmonix Synth 9. Since the other guitarist left our band, my role has been about filling up the sound. I use a low level with a hint of ducking control, set to polyphonic analogue synth sound and it just adds an extra depth without taking anything away from the guitar tone.

• Electro Harmonix Synth 9. Since the other guitarist left our band, my role has been about filling up the sound. I use a low level with a hint of ducking control, set to polyphonic analogue synth sound and it just adds an extra depth without taking anything away from the guitar tone.

I was actually thinking about this one, but I wish it had more parameters from each synth voice exposed. I may go Boss SY-300 instead.

• I was actually thinking about this one, but I wish it had more parameters from each synth voice exposed. I may go Boss SY-300 instead.

For me, the Synth 9 is marvellous. I used a few settings when recording an album but usually it lives in one setting. I'm really not using it as a synth as such, it's never 100% Synth 9, nor funky little lead breaks. I think I set the loop to about 20% and it's about making my guitar sound bigger, like something else is there but you can't work out what.

A more powerful synth engine would be wasted on me.

• For me, the Synth 9 is marvellous. I used a few settings when recording an album but usually it lives in one setting. I'm really not using it as a synth as such, it's never 100% Synth 9, nor funky little lead breaks. I think I set the loop to about 20% and it's about making my guitar sound bigger, like something else is there but you can't work out what.

A more powerful synth engine would be wasted on me.

Maybe me too. I have about 8 other analog and hybrid hardware synths and maybe 20 or so software synths. But, you know... ;)

• Neunaber Immerse for me. I never play without a spacial feel to the sound (indeed hate dry guitar sounds).
    The immerse has a wonderful setting that let's you blend a dealy (you lose some controlling options for the reverb itself but it's rather perfectly set per default).

It's actually all I need these days, plus a two channel preamp, lowgain/highgain. KPA options are welcome nevertheless as I consider these more as production tools to create unique sounds for the flair of a track.

That freqout pedal I have to look at though...

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...