I cant get my kemper to fill a room like a tube amp...

• Chris, you can combine quotes using the forum's quote-management features. I know, right? What'll they think of next? 8o

Bear in mind that you cause an alert to be sent to anyone who's subscribed and has enabled the feature every time you post, so managing quotes this way actually saves folks' being spammed, for want of a better term.

• If you have the powered KPA then a guitar cab gives that sound.

IMO that's usually not the best overall band sound unless the whole audience are guitarists. I prefer to blend into the mix and keep the stage more quiet for vocals and other things, so FRFR through the PA is my go-to.

• Hey all!

Firstly thanks for all your feedback!

I think i need to clarify a couple of things, the input on the back of the line 6 doesn't use the internal processing its just an FRFR speaker.

And i think the speaker itself is capable of giving me that feel as when i am using the internal processing it gives me that response and feel that i'm talking about.

Monkey_Man I think that is closer to it if i'm honest, i have a feeling that when certain cables are plugged in different speakers are turned on/off, so my problem is if there is some on board software that is turning off 5 of the 6 speakers then surely its not FRFR as i assume the reason it has multiple speakers is to cover all frequencies comfortably.

I might borrow my friends DXR10 and see if that makes a difference il just run the same profiles and see if it makes a difference.

• Definitely recommend trying the dxr10. Its a good benchmark.

Make sure you have a good variety of profiles to try as well...

Hope you get it sorted.

Yesterday i searched YouTube to see if there were any demos of clean profiles and there is a guy with video entitled "Finally!!! a video on Kemper Profiler clean sounds" (its not you is it Finally ? :D it wouldn't surprise me if it is someone on here!) the profiles this guy used and played around with sounded amazing!

I don't know if he was recording straight in to an interface or a mic'd cab, but they had the warmth i am talking about so i might try them.

• Chris, you can combine quotes using the forum's quote-management features. I know, right? What'll they think of next? 8o

Bear in mind that you cause an alert to be sent to anyone who's subscribed and has enabled the feature every time you post, so managing quotes this way actually saves folks' being spammed, for want of a better term.

I was actually looking for that exact thing, using the " button twice didn't work. Where can I find this magical, wondrous feature? :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I was actually looking for that exact thing, using the " button twice didn't work. Where can I find this magical, wondrous feature? :)

Whether you choose "Insert Quote" (after highlighting text) or simply hit the quote button, in both cases the "Quotes" tab (red, bottom-right-of-page when you scroll to the bottom of it) appears and shows the bracketed number 1 (1). In the case of the "Insert Quote" option, the highlighted text is placed at the cursor position in the posting window. If you haven't started responding yet, it'll appear as the first-and-only entry in the bottom-of-page posting window.

Every time you do either of the above, the quote is added to the collection, which is thread-specific, and the aforementioned number increments by one.

To insert any or all of them, click the checkbox next to the ones you choose after hitting that red tab (it opens a pop-up window), and choose from the two options bottom-of-that-window - "Insert Marked Quotes" or "Remove marked Quotes". This way, you can pick and choose, and those you select for insertion will be placed wherever you'd positioned the cursor in the posting window.

EDIT:

A trick I just used, 'cause I forgot to add the Munkeh quote so I could respond to him, is, even if you've submitted your post, you can still do a highlight-insert or conventional quote (with the button). I made a highlight-insert quote, which of course was added to a new posting window.

I then hit the source-code button in said window (top-left of the function bar), copied the code for the quote, hit the "Edit" button for this post, engaged the code display by clicking that code button again, placed the cursor at the top of the posting window and pasted to that spot.

Then, when I hit the code button again to revert to the conventional-text display, viola! - the quote had been belatedly-inserted.

So, using the code "trick" and the Quotes-tab functionality, all manner of quoting scenarios can be catered for.

I find it works no problem on the desktop but I can’t find a way to do iton the iPad. Nicky, what’s the secret ;)

Yikes! I had to employ the code trick again to insert this as I'd forgotten about poor ol' Alan's question!

Mate, I dunno. I can only speak for desktop functionality. If the lower-right quote-management tab isn't there when you scroll to the bottom of the page after making a quote (there's nothing there unless it has something to "hold"), you could try my "code trick". One or both of these methods should be available to you, otherwise the forum software would be shite if it didn't cater for quote-handling on mobile devices.

Monkey_Man I think that is closer to it if i'm honest, i have a feeling that when certain cables are plugged in different speakers are turned on/off, so my problem is if there is some on board software that is turning off 5 of the 6 speakers then surely its not FRFR as i assume the reason it has multiple speakers is to cover all frequencies comfortably.

So, did you try the experiment I suggested of lowering the volume and placing your head next to each driver to make sure it was active, Munkeh?

Seems to me that this should be your first point-of-call before you borrow your friend's DXR10.

• Whether you choose "Insert Quote" (after highlighting text) or simply hit the quote button, in both cases the "Quotes" tab (red, bottom-right-of-page when you scroll to the bottom of it) appears and shows the bracketed number 1 (1).

Every time you do either of the above, the quote is added to the collection, which is thread-specific, and the aforementioned number increments by one.

To insert any or all of them, click the checkbox next to the ones you choose after hitting that red tab (it opens a pop-up window), and choose from the two options bottom-of-that-window - "Insert Marked Quotes" or "Remove marked Quotes". This way, you can pick and choose, and those you select for insertion will be placed wherever you'd positioned the cursor in the posting window.

Thanks!

I find it works no problem on the desktop but I can’t find a way to do iton the iPad. Nicky, what’s the secret ;)

So what about his iPad?

(and yeah, just looking for an excuse for a two quote post. :) )

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• You did it!

Wuddun, Chrisso. ;)<3

EDIT:

Added a little info to that post, and created a thread to explain this to anyone who might find the quoting functionality here confusing:

Quick Quoting Tutorial for Those Who Find it Confusing

• DXR10 Yamaha $759

Maybe I am too ambitious or fussy... the one I want cost twice that price . Maybe I'd be happy with a DXR10

You don't know until you try...

TYhe advantages with the Yamaha are:

Powerfull

Great transparent sound

Relatively small/lightweight

Conversely my unpowered camper was £120 and I love it...I got very distressed that FRFR solutions seem so expensive and not generally available ( try finding an atomic CLR to try before you buy)...