Would love to be able to get *good* Feedback live

• I use my Kemper in concert settings and I miss the ability to get feedback like I was able to do with my Mesa Boogie amp. Isn't there some way to do this? I know there is the Freqout pedal but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I know there are many users who would appreciate a feedback feature.

Sean

• If you are using in ear monitors you are out of luck.

If you’re using a floor monitor then it will need to be loud enough. You can set a volume pedal to control only the monitor volume and then you can turn up the monitor for feedback.

I get good feedback from my DXR10.

• Think outside the box guys.

Feedback is just a loop where the sound is continuously fed throught the system. There are two distinct types of feedback. One is electrical (microphonic) which we generally consider undesirable. The other is physical (the volume actually vibrates the guitar body and/or strings to keep the note sustaining) which can be truly magical.

As it is simply a case of signal being looped in with the direct signal it should be possible in the digital domain to recreate this effect fairly accurately if you know how to write the code. I don’t how to do it but I know a bunch of rocket scientists in Germany that actually figured out a way to capture the real sound and feel of amps and store them in a little green box so I think this would be child’s play for guys like that :P

Imagine being able to control the onset of feedback with the ducking control or with an expression pedal. Imagine being able to control which harmonics get to feedback with an expression pedal. In fact what about using an expression pedal to controll the onset of feedback and ducking or some special new parameter that controls the transition between feeding back the fundamental and morphing i to an octave up 8)

• I wasn't impressed by the Freqout pedal to be honest. The feedback is so "fake sounding" and often, especially on high gain settings, you get a lot of digital "artifacts" messing up the sound. Also, after around 8 seconds, the feedback just stops. Not a gentle fade but an instant cut off. Mine's going on eBay.

• I know, that some people have connected a small amp e. g. a Micro Marshall just for this purpose. This is sufficient to produce feedback but not bleeding too much into the FOH sound.

You could control its volume via

analog volume pedal

or

an expression pedal with Monitor Output Volume assigned

or

MIDI CC#73.

• While I would prefer to always run mains to FOH, one of the reasons I got a powered head was to have a small 12 cab behind me so that the guitar would have something to interact with. Also, rock and roll is a physical experience, so even though I like IEMs, I need to feel the thump of moving air.

Doesn't have to be terribly loud, just enough to provide those effects (which include feedback). Back in the day, when we used 100 watt amps in small bars, we used to face them to the wall so we could turn up and get the sound, thump and feedback without destroying the mix (or the poor souls in the front row).

Fingers -> Guitars -> Powered Head -> Marshall 4x12 with Vintage 30s and / or Yamaha TF5 -> Cubase (Windows 7)

And I really don't miss the microphones.

• I wasn't impressed by the Freqout pedal to be honest. The feedback is so "fake sounding" and often, especially on high gain settings, you get a lot of digital "artifacts" messing up the sound. Also, after around 8 seconds, the feedback just stops. Not a gentle fade but an instant cut off. Mine's going on eBay.

It’s a shame as I was looking to buy one of these mainly due to Ford Thurston using it in his sound see 1:03 and 1:51 to 2:15. He doesn’t show the feedback stopping unfortunately so

I may have to have a re think...