Fingers crossed - Is this thing reliable?

• Apologies for being dense, but wouldn't this make the problem worse rather than better? Seems like bigger buttons mean less space between them and a larger target for accidental stomping.

I'm sure I must be missing something or you wouldn't recommend them, but I'm not getting it.

I don't blame you for thinking/saying that at all. I thought the same, but too many people were recommending them so I tried it.

Thing is that the target is larger at the front, so you don't need to get in as close as you did before the larger button.

I gave two of them to my other guitar player and he noticed the difference immediately as well.

• I don't blame you for thinking/saying that at all. I thought the same, but too many people were recommending them so I tried it.

Thing is that the target is larger at the front, so you don't need to get in as close as you did before the larger button.

I gave two of them to my other guitar player and he noticed the difference immediately as well.

That makes sense, thanks. May have to buy two sets. I don't know if I can rock the pink. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• No issues at all with the remote. Quite a few gigs and lots of home playing. I do travel with a spare cable. My favorite thing about the remote is the morph function. I have each of my 5-6 main live profiles set up so that the morph ( simply tap the same button of the profile you are on) is set up as my lead sound. A little delay. Lead boost pedal. A mid bump. Volume bump.....all built in with one button to push. No more dancing on a pedalboard. Of course, you can do that as well with the stomp section if you prefer;)

• No issues at all with the remote. Quite a few gigs and lots of home playing. I do travel with a spare cable. My favorite thing about the remote is the morph function. I have each of my 5-6 main live profiles set up so that the morph ( simply tap the same button of the profile you are on) is set up as my lead sound. A little delay. Lead boost pedal. A mid bump. Volume bump.....all built in with one button to push. No more dancing on a pedalboard. Of course, you can do that as well with the stomp section if you prefer;)

That sounds cool, thanks! I haven't explored the morphing stuff yet.

• Yes, I've noticed that random flicker too. Always makes me worry that something has gone wrong somewhere, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Strange!

Think it might be related to the quality of the cable or firmness of connections?

Mine had the flicker too but it dissapeared once I went to a PoE injector to run longer Ethernet cables. So, possibly just a voltage sag?

Over 3 years constant gigging use here and no issues with the remote. Seems solid!

• Mine had the flicker too but it dissapeared once I went to a PoE injector to run longer Ethernet cables. So, possibly just a voltage sag?

That would seem like a reasonable thought.

I bought some of these. They kind of helped, but not enough.

Seems to be a popular approach. I looked at that style as well and wondered if slick metal was a) better because more durable or b) not as desirable as plastic ones that could be grippier. Do your feet tend to slide off of them or do they feel okay?

• Do your feet tend to slide off of them or do they feel okay?

No sliding, but you still have to hit them pretty dead centre, otherwise you either don’t engage the switch, or the button cap comes loose and comes flying off, as the angle causes an imbalance. Wait until your Remote arrives and see if you even need to try them. I’m not sure they’re worth it.

• No sliding, but you still have to hit them pretty dead centre, otherwise you either don’t engage the switch, or the button cap comes loose and comes flying off, as the angle causes an imbalance. Wait until your Remote arrives and see if you even need to try them. I’m not sure they’re worth it.

That's interesting. I would have thought those would be the industrial strength version.

The plastic toy looking Mooer ones have been extremely stable.

• Maybe the Barefoot buttons have a larger diameter, meaning hitting the edge has a greater seasaw effect...? Believe me, I’ve tightened the hex screws so tight that when the strap on my Kemper bag broke and the Remote took the brunt of the fall, the impact on the button caused the cap of one of the switches to come off with the button itself. Yet they can still fly off, if I stomp too close to the edge of the button.

• when the strap on my Kemper bag broke and the Remote took the brunt of the fall

Well, that's disturbing.

Not the first I've heard of that, which is troubling given what I paid for the bag. Is adding the remote to the bag just a bridge too far in terms of weight?

• Maybe the Barefoot buttons have a larger diameter, meaning hitting the edge has a greater seasaw effect...? Believe me, I’ve tightened the hex screws so tight that when the strap on my Kemper bag broke and the Remote took the brunt of the fall, the impact on the button caused the cap of one of the switches to come off with the button itself. Yet they can still fly off, if I stomp too close to the edge of the button.

I think it's more a case of how they are connected. The Barefoot tries to grip onto the side of a shiny smooth stainless steel button. The Mooer slides over the whole button and grips underneath it. No way to seesaw that.