Fingers crossed - Is this thing reliable?

• Only issue I've had is crossing the TS & TRS cables to my Mission expression pedal, but thats a programming error in me! No issues whatsoever with the remote, works like a charm out of the box! Square peg, square hole! \m/ \m/

• Curious:

For you guys with big feet, would pointy shoes help?

Just puttin' it out there as it may be the simplest solution for those who don't mind wearing them.

Okay, am I the only one trying to erase the vision of a 900 pound gorilla in stiletto heels from my mind? :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• The remote landed today, and I couldn't be happier with what I see.

First impressions - to echo the sentiments of others, this thing is built like a freakin' tank. Probably the single most vulnerable point is the non-Neutrik ethernet connection in back of the Kemper. Seems like a strange place for them to cheap out given the critical nature of the connector, but a tie down for security and cable strain relief (plus a couple of spare cables in the bag) should make that a non-issue.

Apparently I have girly feet, as my size 9 1/2 toes don't have any trouble with button spacing. However, I do have the Mooer plastic covers on the way (thanks for the suggestions!) and I'll give them a go since it should make for a better target in the heat of battle.

The layout was done very well. In particular, the second row of buttons is elevated above the first, making it that much harder to screw up, and the bar in front of the LCD to keep me from stomping on it was a nice touch. I'll disable the looper so I won't be able to sport that particular tour jacket. That said, the one thing that does seem like a mistake waiting to happen is my reaching for the tuner button and hitting the fourth fx stomp button instead / at the same time. However, I'm unlikely to run with all four loaded on a given performance, so that one will typically be empty anyway.

I was surprised to discover that even without my contacts in I could still read the performance name without strain. The slots are fuzzy but I'll stick my eyes in and hopefully those will be legible as well.

The tuner was another nice experience. I haven't used a strobe tuner since my high school band days and didn't have any enthusiasm for the Kemper having one, but I've been using it the past few days and discovered I rather prefer it. I didn't think the remote would have the strobe tuner, but I was wrong and it looks great.

This eliminates a conversation I was having a week or so back about running an aux out to feed my Boss tuner. Screw that. The strobe tuner is easy to see and now that I'm used to one again very easy to work with. So, no extra cables or gizmos needed, and I love the single cable to the remote. Performances, stomp boxes and even a tuner all in one package.

Looking forward to working with it. Knowing the potential problems to avoid (cable failure, Rig Manager, the occasional pitchers of beer), it looks like it should serve very well. Many thanks to everyone for your insights and stories!

• Glad your experience is good so far Chris.

Enjoy!

• Apparently I have girly feet, as my size 9 1/2 toes don't have any trouble with button spacing.

Size 10 here an no problems either . I'm not lettinig my son near it with his size 14s though=O

I'll disable the looper so I won't be able to sport that particular tour jacket.

Either "very wise" or "chicken" probably the former.

a mistake waiting to happen is my reaching for the tuner button and hitting the fourth fx stomp button instead

If that does turn out to be an issue it's dead easy to hook up a separate single button footswitch to one of the Remote rear inputs and place it well out of harm's way.

Have fun.

• Been gigging with KPA & remote for almost 4 years. Not one issue that effected a gig. I did have to do some maintenance on the remote buttons once shortly after I got it. They got a little difficult to press, felt kinda gritty. Wiped the buttons down with a rag wit a little WD 40 on it. Then with a rag with a little 3in1 oil all while working the buttons. Never another issue.

Learn to Swim

• Either "very wise" or "chicken" probably the former.

Some learn from watching, some from listening, and some just have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. I'm fine with chicken. :)

Been gigging with KPA & remote for almost 4 years. Not one issue that effected a gig. I did have to do some maintenance on the remote buttons once shortly after I got it. They got a little difficult to press, felt kinda gritty. Wiped the buttons down with a rag wit a little WD 40 on it. Then with a rag with a little 3in1 oil all while working the buttons. Never another issue.

Good to hear. Sounds like maintenance that you might have to do on any stomped on device.

• Probably the single most vulnerable point is the non-Neutrik ethernet connection in back of the Kemper. Seems like a strange place for them to cheap out given the critical nature of the connector, but a tie down for security and cable strain relief (plus a couple of spare cables in the bag) should make that a non-issue.

I have always thought they may have kept the KPA's ethernet port as non-neutrik so it can act as a "break away" point. If you ever snag yourself up in the ethernet cable running out to the Remote not being Neutrik locked on both ends is a good thing. Maybe?

I know there is a little baby plastic clip on rj45 plugs, but mine always break off in the first few weeks no matter what cable I'm using, so I added a small velcro tab to the kpa end of my 75ft flexable cable and stick that to the onother velcro patch at the back of the rack. Secures the connection, but will break free and avert a serious hardware snafu if I or any of the guys unknowling catch a foot the under the cable while jumping around. It's only happened once live, but it pulled out as intended as was as easy as plugging it back in at the end of the tune.

The remote has been good to me but I did have to clean the expression pedal socket on one of the exp inputs as it was acting funny. 5 second fix and good as new.

• I have always thought they may have kept the KPA's ethernet port as non-neutrik so it can act as a "break away" point. If you ever snag yourself up in the ethernet cable running out to the Remote not being Neutrik locked on both ends is a good thing. Maybe?

I know there is a little baby plastic clip on rj45 plugs, but mine always break off in the first few weeks no matter what cable I'm using, so I added a small velcro tab to the kpa end of my 75ft flexable cable and stick that to the onother velcro patch at the back of the rack. Secures the connection, but will break free and avert a serious hardware snafu if I or any of the guys unknowling catch a foot the under the cable while jumping around. It's only happened once live, but it pulled out as intended as was as easy as plugging it back in at the end of the tune.

The remote has been good to me but I did have to clean the expression pedal socket on one of the exp inputs as it was acting funny. 5 second fix and good as new.

Yeah, I think Velcro will be a major player in this particular scenario. I'm also a big fan of gaffer's tape as the last thing I want to deal with is loose cables trying to grab me by the ankle. If you leave it sitting too long you can get some residue but usually for on and off in one day applications it's much less of a mess than the ubiquitous duct tape.

• I have used my remote for nearly 4 years and NEVER had a cable issue!

Run it for a bit before you panic over the cable..maybe have a spare, but honestly no issue for me . i maybe don't gig as some of the pro's on here, but I'm out most weekends so i think I've given it some hammer!

I've also left the looper in and not hit it by accident...yet!

There was a lot of debate on the design originally and I think they got the footprint right. Any bigger and it would become too cumbersome. I actually had more problems with the FCB1010 than the spacing on the remote..

Glad you like it, I love that its 1 cable, so integrated and so robust! I have no zero issues with it.