Monitoring through Headphones - 2 problems

• 1. I've been using the KPA with just my headphones quite a bit.
    I realize that it clips very easily on the Clean profiles, you can hear the clipping clearly over the headphones when you casually strum just a tad harder. I'm sure this happens for the distorted profiles as well but it's not as obvious.
    However, when you put the KPA, using the same clean/distorted profiles, through a power amp + cab, clipping does not occur at all.
    I'm using passive pickups with clean sense at -3.1 and distortion sense at 0.0.
    Anyone is experiencing this? Is there anything i can do?

2. Using distorted/high gain profiles gives this really annoying pick scraping sound especially when you palm mute quickly, this is especially evident over headphones and its almost common on all the high gain profiles, anything i can do to minimize this? Take away some frequencies or something?

• 1. I've been using the KPA with just my headphones quite a bit.
    I realized that it clips very easily on the Clean profiles, you can hear the clipping clearly over the headphones when you casually strum just a tad harder. I'm sure this happens for the distorted profiles as well but it's not as obvious.
    However, when you put the KPA, using the same clean/distorted profiles, through a power amp + cab, clipping does not occur at all.
    I'm using passive pickups with clean sense at -3.1 and distortion sense at 0.0.
    Anyone is experiencing this? Is there anything i can do?

2. Using distorted/high gain profiles gives this really annoying pick scraping sound especially when you palm mute quickly, this is especially evident over headphones and its almost common on all the high gain profiles, anything i can do to minimize this? Take away some frequencies or something?

I haven't experienced this. Have you tried radically reducing the clean and drive sense? Those values set too high will get you the digital clip. Next question - have you set the individual patch volumes higher than usual? If not, have you tried reducing your phones volume?

Are you using good phones? I find the KPA sounds great through a pair of industry standard cans like the Sennheiser HD-25 1 ii or the Sony mdr7506. By comparison, I do occasionally get breakup in cheaper sets of headphones.

If none of the above works for you, you may want to submit a fault report with Kemper to see if you have a faulty phones out stage.

parker / prs / kemper / g / mesa

• I haven't experienced this. Have you tried radically reducing the clean and drive sense? Those values set too high will get you the digital clip. Next question - have you set the individual patch volumes higher than usual? If not, have you tried reducing your phones volume?

Are you using good phones? I find the KPA sounds great through a pair of industry standard cans like the Sennheiser HD-25 1 ii or the Sony mdr7506. By comparison, I do occasionally get breakup in cheaper sets of headphones.

If none of the above works for you, you may want to submit a fault report with Kemper to see if you have a faulty phones out stage.

Thanks Andy, i don't usually adjust the default volumes on the profiles. I'll try lowering the clean sense. I notice if i back the volume of the guitar it would clean up.

Yeah i think i should try to get a pair of better headphones to try.

• Reduce the volume of the headphone out, I've thought I had busted my cans 'till I've realized the headphone out was at 0 db

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Reduce the volume of the headphone out, I've thought I had busted my cans 'till I've realized the headphone out was at 0 db

Thank you, by that i suppose you mean clicking on Master and lowering the headphone volume? Ok i'll try that again tonight.