Using a Wireless Guitar Unit w/ the Kemper...

• As the title suggests, I am curious if the Kemper will interfere at all with a wireless guitar system. Also, if you are currently using a wireless system let me know since I am considering using one in the future for live gigs!

Thanks!

Zach

• I'm using a Shure PGX-D and it works fine.

Be advised that whatever system you get, you may need to adjust the output level to the optimal point for the Kemper. Mine was hitting the front end pretty hard so that the input was going red frequently, but a level adjustment on the battery pack was all that was needed.

Also, since you're in the US, whatever system you buy be aware of the frequency spectrum it operates in due to the constantly encroaching mobile providers and others who are now transmitting in ranges that were once uncluttered for wireless operations. Here's a faq from Audio Technica that discusses the recent 600 megahertz issues:

https://www.audio-technica.com…505e589e0be6c8/index.html

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I use a G10 as well. Before that I had G30 and it worked really well too.

Only knock on the G30 is that the strap clip can snap off. Mine did, but you can just get a pouch, no worries.

• I'm an oddball...I use a Samson AR300, purely because its a guitar bug rather than belt pack.

No issues except for some reason if I switch off the guitar bug, I get a really loud white noise sound - but I think that's the Samson not the KPA...

Last week I had a failed cable so had to go wired...OMG, hated it....give me wireless any day so I can go crowd wandering!

• At least for the Line 6 wireless systems (I use a G90), I can tell that it adds 3.5ms of latency. Add the Kemper's latency and you end up at around 6.5 - 7ms total latency which equals roughly 2.5 meters added distance to your speakers/monitors.

If there's some more digital gear in the chain, it's getting close to noticable. If not, you should be perfectly fine. :)

• I'm an oddball...I use a Samson AR300, purely because its a guitar bug rather than belt pack.

No issues except for some reason if I switch off the guitar bug, I get a really loud white noise sound - but I think that's the Samson not the KPA...

Last week I had a failed cable so had to go wired...OMG, hated it....give me wireless any day so I can go crowd wandering!

Be very, very careful with the Samson stuff. I have a CR77 sitting on a shelf and it'll never get near my amps again. I don't know why I haven't thrown it away.

First, yeah, the white noise thing. That's definitely coming from the Samson. Annoying, but in the immortal words of Douglas Adams, "mostly harmless."

Output gain, however, has some serious freaking horsepower, not all of which is safe. The volume knob got jostled to a higher setting without my realizing it (all to easy to bump this knob) and did something evil to the input of my JCM 900. From that moment on, the Marshall just emitted a loud squeal, so off to the service shop it went.

I took the Samson out of my lineup and have never trusted it again. Which is a shame because I really, really like the bug concept. I don't know what they're thinking on the output specs, but allowing 1.21 gigawatts of power to hit the input of an amp is a Bad Idea.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Was using a Shure GLXD14 for a while but was getting occasional dropouts. Tried everything under the sun to resolve it but couldn't (frequencies, positioning, firmware, cables, etc etc). A shame as I loved a lot about it (body pack charger and spare battery inbuilt into receiver, great body pack design etc), but dropouts were obviously a deal breaker. Maybe mine just had an issue?

Our bass player had been using a Line 6 G50 with no issues so I changed to one of those. Its been rock solid over the last 2 years. Receiver mounted in the KPA rack. Much less adjustability/channels than the GLXD14 so that could possibly become a problem if there are alot of g50's in use nearby, but for me it's been solid (and its significantly cheaper than the Shure). Not a fan of the body pack battery door design (I now tape it closed for piece of mind as it had popped open on me twice while performing) and having to keep up on AA batteries in the transmitter kind of sucks, but its never had any erratic signal dropouts. Had to replace the cable from guitar to bodypack also, but the original received ALOT of use before it failed. Overall though, I can recommended G50!