Using a Wireless Guitar Unit w/ the Kemper...

• Thanks for this Chris. I've been using mine for about 4 years now ( previously used the Airline Ar1 thingy) and not had those issues at all.

The guitar "bug" set up is perfect, if only the line 6 G10 was....better...I'd switch in a heartbeat.

• Not a fan of the body pack battery door design (I now tape it closed for piece of mind as it had popped open on me twice while performing) and having to keep up on AA batteries in the transmitter kind of sucks...

Very common problem, no idea why they don't have a better design!

There is a gap in the market for a wireless that:

Is digital

Is a bug type

Is rechargeable

Is robust/pro level

I'd pay handsomely for that! I use my Samson with rechargeable li-ion AA batteries ( yes, very rare but brilliant), so 80% there...

• Thanks for this Chris. I've been using mine for about 4 years now ( previously used the Airline Ar1 thingy) and not had those issues at all.

The guitar "bug" set up is perfect, if only the line 6 G10 was....better...I'd switch in a heartbeat.

Good to hear, maybe they ironed out those problems in subsequent products.

I really liked the bug design on Strats where it fit inline with the top of the guitar. On the PRS it was a bit of a concern as it was on the edge of the guitar and I had to be careful not to slam it down on my thigh or some such thing. That was one advantage the body pack had.

However, if you're not doing the flying a-hole routine (as my best friend was prone to calling it), that's not an issue. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Using Shure GLXD14. Works flawlessly.

I like it better than the Line 6 G55, too. But we can have that debate elsewhere, Line 6 users... :evil:

I still have my GLXD14. Thinking i should revisit it and see if i can find the cause of the dropouts. I did love it when it was working!

*Edit - I see there is a new firmware on the Shure site. Might as well give that a go!

• I still have my GLXD14. Thinking i should revisit it and see if i can find the cause of the dropouts. I did love it when it was working!

*Edit - I see there is a new firmware on the Shure site. Might as well give that a go!

I had the G55 perform its first dropout live at a punk rock festival in Long Beach, CA. I was playing in a 1 guitar band at the time and it was right into the first song. No worries...only in front a few thousand people. Luckily Tre Cool from Green day was standing 5 feet away stage right to watch me fail, too.

The GLX has been awesome and the reassurance that it will switch channels itself if it has issues is worth it. The rechargeable batteries with a charging port on the front of the unit is another major upgrade. They last forever and you can charge like 15 min from dead and get 3-4 hours out of one.

• Was using a Shure GLXD14 for a while but was getting occasional dropouts. Tried everything under the sun to resolve it but couldn't (frequencies, positioning, firmware, cables, etc etc). A shame as I loved a lot about it (body pack charger and spare battery inbuilt into receiver, great body pack design etc), but dropouts were obviously a deal breaker. Maybe mine just had an issue?

Our bass player had been using a Line 6 G50 with no issues so I changed to one of those. Its been rock solid over the last 2 years. Receiver mounted in the KPA rack. Much less adjustability/channels than the GLXD14 so that could possibly become a problem if there are alot of g50's in use nearby, but for me it's been solid (and its significantly cheaper than the Shure). Not a fan of the body pack battery door design (I now tape it closed for piece of mind as it had popped open on me twice while performing) and having to keep up on AA batteries in the transmitter kind of sucks, but its never had any erratic signal dropouts. Had to replace the cable from guitar to bodypack also, but the original received ALOT of use before it failed. Overall though, I can recommended G50!

It's sad that Line 6 doesn't listen to customer feedback. I had bought one of the earlier models (G30 I think) about 2 years ago (maybe longer) and the battery door was a problem back then. I had to tape it shut and finally bought a pouch to eliminate the batteries from falling out onto the stage. How can you continue to sell a product with such a basic flaw??????

• Line 6 G50 & G55 both been working flawlessly for me for years... wireless is so liberating, especially when I have to take a wizz... but we can have that discussion elsewhere... :P

The older I get, the better I was.