How to record my podcast ?

• I'm looking for a simple solution to make a podcast about making a full track from scratch :

my soundcard is Focusrite 6i6 V2 Scarlett

I'll do some talking over me using my DAW in real time ( playing, muting some tracks live, showcasing a take ...).

The best solution would be to record the whole audio coming from my soundcard, well coming from these two sources , but I don't really know how to do this...

Anyone knows ?

• I think the Focusrites have a feature called Loopback. IIRC this enabels you to record the whole signal chain coming out of your interface.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I think the Focusrites have a feature called Loopback. IIRC this enabels you to record the whole signal chain coming out of your interface.

Yes - at least my Saffire has this ability.

I think there are also a couple of plugins that allow you to record what comes through your master buss (when you put the plugin there). Then you'd turn on the DAW track monitoring for the tracks.

• Loopback did work ( don't forfget to loop SPDIF in & out !)

However I'd like to have two different tracks as I know have my voice over the DAW , it looks like a normal behaviour since I want record anything.

I managed to record my voice on analog input 1 on my Scarlett , but it gives some phasing issues with the loopback track ( DAW + voice )

Any way to handle this ?

Thx

R