Online guitar teachers/schools - which do you recommend?

• Hi

I've been playing guitar for looooong time and I enjoy it a lot (this is why I still do it ;)) .

However, I'm sure I'm running at low percentage of my possibilities and I know, that I'm stuck there without further development.

I have very good ear, I can memorize fretboard shapes - I learned two Paul Gilbert songs (*without solos and crazy fast stuff*) by ear (Hurry Up, I cannot Tell a Lie) and once I played it few times, my fingers literally remembered the shapes and the frets to go, but I don't know which notes and scales I play.

Can you recommend any online guitar teachers, that helped you set up a learning routine and progress over a time?

• I would recommend this: https://truefire.com/

since I have discovered Truefire I do not search for anything else.. I have many courses from them.. they make very often different offers.. you can buy super courses only for 5 USD which is fantastic..

courses like those from Steve Vai and Pat Martino created by themselves is an absolute must have for any guitar player I would say.. :) but there are many many other courses regarding each level and many styles - beginner, intermediate and advanced..

I simply love them.. :)

• I highly recommend you try Justin Guitar. Very detailed info. He taught the captain (From Andertons )

Even if your an intermediate guitarist stuck with ideas, Justin is your man.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Thanks ashtweth :) I know about him since long time, however I've seen hes very basic videos (strumming etc) - I'll check out, if he has any learning program toward my needs (which I also need to identify, probably best with help of a teacher).

• Hi skoczy,

I checked out some lessons from Guidorist and played his licks over and over until they are no brainers. I think this, many Paul Gilbert sequences and a lot of three notes per string stuff and knowing about triads and arpeggios have set my playing ( for me) on a higher level.

I read a lot about chords and chord progressions and try to understand that and very big thing is to know the diffrent modes. There is sooo many stuff on youtube but take care that you don't start too many diffrent things at the same time. Small steps an continued training is one of the secrets imho.

I also learned a lot ( and I subscribed to his channel) from

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers

Frank

• Also recommend truefire , where else can you get a Robben Ford lesson taught by the man himself ? they've got a good variety

and often on sale. Probably be good to take a couple lessons with someone local so you can have some feedback and ask questions as well!