How are you guys doing lead volume boosts?

• On my AxeFX2, it was pretty simple. I just put a null filter with a +4db volume lift and maybe a very slight notch on the upper mids. It's at the very end of the chain. With the KPA, it appears I'm more limited in how I can arrange this. If I don't want to push the amp model itself and I want a true volume bump for the rig, then I need to put the "Pure Boost" in the "X" slot. That's OK I guess. I'd prefer it after the mod, delay, and reverb. The other thing with using up the X slot for the boost is that I can't use a tone shaping EQ after the amp/cab blocks...or can I? Are the mod, delay, and reverb blocks fixed? I know you can put whatever you want in front of the amp in the 4 open stomps.

• I used a GEQ right before the cab/fx loop with the axe, and you could do the same here if you want. I stick with the pure boost after, around 3DB, and then I have a GEQ before the amp, STOMPB I think, with an small hill ranging from +.5 to +3 in the middle two bands. That seems to kick the virtual amp in the teeth just enough to add some girth. But you could just as easily use the GEQ and make it a flat +3 and then carve out what you don't like by dropping levels. I havent found the high end issues I had on the ultra, where i used multiple peqs and geqs to cure my pains.Axe2 did away with those, and I dont find them in the kemper at all. Very happy with my settings now. Had some wierd input volume issues at practice, but then it was fine for 4 hours. Maybe it didnt like my wireless? I'll try again tonight.
    I like to lock my effects so my midimate is predictable. Don't need a button for wah, and I dont use one for reverb or delay since I rarely use either except for really clean patches. WAH-GEQ-FLG-ROT (A-B-C-D) PB-TREM (X-Mod). I just wish those things would survive a backup. I have 2 KPAs and want an IDENTICAL version when I restore to unit 2...it doesnt keep the locks and I dont think it keeps the midi settings either. I'd have to double check the second part of that statement.

Guitars-Lifeson Axcess Red, Lifeson Axcess Brown, Iced Tea Axcess stop tail, LRP Sig 57
    Amp-Axefx2, KPA, G5, GSP1101, RCF, QSC, Matrix, EHX-Mag44

• You can put what ever you want in the Mod spot.

On my AxeFX2, it was pretty simple. I just put a null filter with a +4db volume lift and maybe a very slight notch on the upper mids. It's at the very end of the chain. With the KPA, it appears I'm more limited in how I can arrange this. If I don't want to push the amp model itself and I want a true volume bump for the rig, then I need to put the "Pure Boost" in the "X" slot. That's OK I guess. I'd prefer it after the mod, delay, and reverb. The other thing with using up the X slot for the boost is that I can't use a tone shaping EQ after the amp/cab blocks...or can I? Are the mod, delay, and reverb blocks fixed? I know you can put whatever you want in front of the amp in the 4 open stomps.